Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: PAPER OR PLASTIC?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    The only paper bags I see anymore are the really big ones or the really small ones. All sizes are still in circulation, but plastic is just far more durable in terms of strength and carrying shite.
    But sometimes you gotta double-bag.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Shaggie View Post
    Its odd that yous guys say that paper bags are scarce because almost every store here in Nashville that I frequent had the option. I mean, the bag boys catch an attitude when I ask because they have to go to the back and get em sometimes, but they're their.
    Maybe Nashville is just way more eco-friendly then the rest of the world.

By the way, why do you Americans even have bag boys. They're seriously unnecessary.
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

Eliminating jobs eh. You're thinking like an american.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Can't say the supermarket business is struggling, so they can afford to have baggers? /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Eliminating jobs eh. You're thinking like an american.
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    They're seriously unnecessary.
    Depends if you buy a lot of groceries or not. Having them there makes the line go faster and it really helps when the store is busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Depends if you buy a lot of groceries or not. Having them there makes the line go faster and it really helps when the store is busy.
    But that's what the 12 items or less and self-serve checkouts are for. The latter is far more cost effective.

Some people don't know how to use the self-checkout, nor do they always have the time to figure it out. It's also a preference to go to bag-boys for some, such as the elderly.
    It's simply giving people a choice. I find the self-checkouts way more convenient, but I still see people going to the bag-boy lines a lot. Once again, mainly the elderly, and people with kids, etc.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Some people don't know how to use the self-checkout, nor do they always have the time to figure it out.
    They dont have the time so they stand in a line? Instead of using the method designed to get you out faster?

I don't know about you, but here in most stores, the self-checkout is often full cause unlike the bag-boys, they're not trained to get you in the line, scan your shit, and get you out. Instead you get people that are slow as hell and end up bagging for like.. ever.
    But since it's so popular, the remaining bag-boy lines are usually open to where you can just ride right in. So which one would really be quicker for people short on time?
    <My comic