Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need feedback about a RTS space game

I'm an Adult! Member

Smile I need feedback about a RTS space game

Hi everybody,

Im a java developper and Im developping a game of mine "Yildiz-online".

Just to give you an idea about Yildiz, it is a massively multiplayer strategy game(MMORTS). It's a combination of classical startegy game(like: Homeword or Starcraft) and management game(like: Ogame).

The game takes place in outer space colonized by humans, a lost expedition found abandonned space bases built by unknown civilization. After some centuries they developped and colonized the entire system.

The game is entirely in 3 dimensions. Goal is to develop and assure the management of its base,or if you wish, to create an army to attack other players to steal their resources.

It can be played on windows and linux platform.

I would like please to get your feedback about it (ideas, suggestions..). If you need more details feel free to ask.

Cheers!

I'm not gonna be very good with any critiques for computer games, but I personally think the objects/ships/planets are a bit too muted...and not very lively due to the lack of color. I'm not sure how far into development you are, so that may be something you hadn't done yet.

Anyway, sounds like a neat idea! Good luck!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Add a bit more lighting and brighten up your textures. You can make the objects pop without wasting too much rendering power by adding colors and simulated lighting to the textures, and then simple ambient lights to make them actually visible. Try using planes with translucent textures scattered about tastefully around the objects, especially the ones in the distance, to simulate a particle effect while maintaining efficiency in the engine. For instance, you could apply these planes around those planets to simulate clouds high in the atmosphere, and you can apply it similarly to resemble "dust" or "air" particles coming from those Space Bases. If you think your engine can handle it, use normal maps to create reaction-effects to lighting on complex surfaces. Even further, if your engine can truly handle it, apply simple bump-maps to get rid of all that extra geometry I'm seeing , especially on the rims of those Space Bases. Unless you can see it in a silhouette, get rid of it geometrically. This is only advice if the game scale you've presented is to be maintained. If There are going to be close-ups on the Space Bases, then you can leave more complex geometrical models. Just keep that in mind if loading the screen with endless Bases is a plausible option for the player. You're doing well, I think, especially with keeping the environment lively with the backgrounds and your simulated nebulae, but try to also brighten up these things. If you can work it out, try taking samples of more super-dense nebulae, such as the eagle nebula, and re-create these as part of the atmosphere. Make nebulae you can drive your ship through, and add interference scripts! Make the ship's computer systems go nuts around them! Create specialized cannons that can burn holes through them you can pass through! Go wild with interesting and fun ideas to make the game brighter not just visually, but the atmosphere that it invokes through interaction with the environments.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Moved thread.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Banned
    Wow, it seems so great!

Yeah, such a moving thread.

I'm an Adult! Member
    Thank you guys for your usefull feedback which will be taken into consideration

Updates:

If you are interested to try the alpha version of my game, do not hesitate to visit the website page:

http://yildiz.bitbucket.org

I'm an Adult! Member
    Updates:

- Asteroid capture is complete and added to the game.

- A new ship is available: the vulture, the mesh is not final and there will be a change on speed, range and damages.

- Soon, it will be able to "jump" to distant location, using an amount of energy.

- Download the game to check the new version which JUST has been deployed on: http://yildiz.bitbucket.org

*Your feedback is always welcomed!

I'm an Adult! Member
    Updates:

Working on a powerful AI system; goal driven. This will give a better behavior to the units.

I'm an Adult! Member
    Updates:

-The latest version is deployed with pretty much improvements.

-Check it on : http://yildiz.bitbucket.org