Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animes needed to be watched!

Since when was One Piece typical

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Well, I suppose it's pretty un-typical.
    (So are the other two, if you think about it... considering the huge amount of anime out there is cheesy samurai stuff or shoujo plot retreads)

The other one I really liked was Deadman Wonderland (it's bloody though... heh.)
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

We got dudes calling one piece typical what an awful thread

I don't really watch a mad amount of anime any more, but a couple of years ago I watched 'Ergo Proxy' and I enjoyed it very much. The best part was that it ended in 20 or so episodes, because that allowed me to actually watch it from start to finish in just a few weeks. Does anyone know any similar (and about equally fast paced) animes?

Since when was Naruto typical. I mean sure, it's really bad and awful and terrible and horrible and silly and outrageous and not-good, but it's highly atypical and not-boring and exciting and strange and twisty and not-drab (even though the twists are awful, the excitement is awful, and the strange things are awful). Bleach is fucking typical. It's not bad in any way shape or form, but it is entirely lackluster to say the absolute least. It lacks fatal plot failures, but it does not have enough intrigue for anything to really fall through anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubisko View Post
    I don't really watch a mad amount of anime any more, but a couple of years ago I watched 'Ergo Proxy' and I enjoyed it very much. The best part was that it ended in 20 or so episodes, because that allowed me to actually watch it from start to finish in just a few weeks. Does anyone know any similar (and about equally fast paced) animes?
    Probably the closest thing I can think of to Ergo Proxy would be Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, assuming you haven't seen it already. There were two seasons of it, but both are pretty much self-contained.

You might try Texhnolyze as well, it's another cyberpunk mystery type series that finished within one season. I couldn't vouch for the quality of it though, I haven't seen it yet myself.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    *fumes at Sylux*

If you read my post *after my first post* I said that One Piece, Naruto and Bleach are atypical compared to the moajority of anime, but they are pretty standard battle brawlin' shows, meaning, I see them as being cut from the same cloth.

Now, I haven't seen much of One Piece, I didn't personally enjoy it. I liked Bleach (because of the characters and battles) and would have to agree with you on Naruto--- it gets old after the plot drags on, and is slightly childish. (If any anime could be called UN-childish)

However, personal opinion here dude. And I didn't RECOMEND those three series because of their length, although I did enjoy aspects from all three.

*ahem*

Back on topic, would Ergo Proxy be anything close to Angel Beats?
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

i dont want people being stalkers like Xerxes break!
    im 17 genius....
    just relax and ......... visit my page!

Quote Originally Posted by theAnimeRebel View Post
    Back on topic, would Ergo Proxy be anything close to Angel Beats?
    Nah, Proxy is a dystopian sci-fi conspiracy thriller kind of thing. I found it difficult to get into, if I'm honest.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    @ Rubisko
    Check out King of Thorn. It's a short series but it has that fast-paced, a bit of sci-fi though not as in your face like Ergo Proxy (i.e. high tech world, etc etc - well you'll see what I mean), and mystery. Disclaimer: I read the manga so I'm not too sure how the anime version is.