Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Animes needed to be watched!

Thanks for the suggestions Gaff and Rio, I'll see if there's something that I like =)

i dont want people being stalkers like Xerxes break!
    same here ;lol!
    just relax and ......... visit my page!

You must see Spice and wolf at some scene i just cryed as hell !
    Scorn of the moon

Quote Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
    Probably the closest thing I can think of to Ergo Proxy would be Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, assuming you haven't seen it already. There were two seasons of it, but both are pretty much self-contained.

You might try Texhnolyze as well, it's another cyberpunk mystery type series that finished within one season. I couldn't vouch for the quality of it though, I haven't seen it yet myself.
    Replying to a super old post here, but seeing as I'm one of those sparse weirdos who has actually seen Texhnolyse, figured I might as well reply...

It's kinda dreary. Like, really, really slow paced and continously not much other than confusing and grim. The voice actors themselves take the piss out of the fact several scenes have characters talking to an evil empty chair for long periods. The cool mysterious cyberpunk air is definately there, but yeah, Ergo Proxy and GITS are far superior series.

If you don't mind a little age, and want really funky fast paced flashy/actiony/gorey cyberpunk, you can always try the Bubblegum Crisis series or the Battle Angel Alita OVAs, through. Really, the early ninties are always gonna be the best place to go for that sort of thing. *u*
    Last edited by Regantor; 01-08-2013 at 07:17 PM.

I've put off watching Bubblegum Crisis for a long, long time, as I was afraid it might not have aged very well. Having finally decided to bite the bullet though, I bought it at Christmas time, so I might try and do a video about it once I've watched it all.

I watched it for the first time since high school just recently. The first episodes are kinda jeepy, but the quality gets alot better as the series progresses. I think it holds up keeping that in mind... Also I think some of the voice acting is actually a little better in the dub, but for some reason they decided that translating all of the songs into English was more important than them having electric guitar in them. -_-
    Last edited by Regantor; 01-10-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    The anime won't start showing until April and it'll probably be awhile before it comes out in English but yeah, can't wait:

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)

The series is already available in manga, FYI.

That looks fuckin' badass as shit