Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Gift Brainstorming!

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Just a side note but any crafts that you make can also be sold for a decent price online or locally. I bake a family recipe that no one else in my family does and sell it $15 a pop and it only costs me $6 to make. So far I've made $75 or so making them and given a few away as gifts already for thanksgiving.

I sew blankets and bags that I sell and give away as gifts. Cost anywhere from $10-$30 to make a blanket or bag and I double the cost to get a price.
    Home/handmade is what people like to hear when they buy stuff around Christmas so make sure to throw that around a bit if you do sell.

Thanks for the tip's Psy!
    I'm actually very interested in your blankets! Do you take commissions?

Thought i'd post more ideas. In the past i've crafted tiny little boxes as gifts then filled them with sweets, jewellery, etc. This is a REALLY versatile idea as you can basically take ANY box and make it into something else/give it a totally different look. These boxes are about 2" big. So they're tiny ones.
    SPOILER! :

I didn't fill these. I gave the rectangular one away as a gift as a trinket box (the recipient LOVED it.) and the circle one I made for myself to keep charms in for my jewellery. The roses, sweets and musical note on the boxes are also handmade by me.

Wow, everyone has really creative, great ideas!

Thought I'd contribute a lil something, not the best compared to some already here, but may help someone out! Something I found online a few years ago I did for my mum once. Get a box with a lid (whatever size you want) and decorate it with wrapping paper/ tissue paper and any other bits and pieces to make it pretty - but wrap it so you can't open the box. Then attach this poem to it:

This is a very special gift
    That you can never see
    The reason it's so special is
    It's just for you from me.

Whenever you are lonely
    Or are ever feeling blue
    You only have to hold this gift
    And know I'm hugging you.

You never can unwrap it
    Please leave the ribbon tied
    Just hold the box close to your heart
    It's filled with hugs inside.

and enjoy!

Oh wow! That is such a beautiful little poem. I might actually use this idea since i'll be making more trinket boxes this year. Thank you for your contribution!

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    @Linz: not usually but I have before. Did you have something you wanted in mind? PM me anytime for anything <3

I am also trying to make a deal with a vendor that operates outside of a local Bingo hall I go to. I bake him 2-3 of something the four or five days a week he's there and he can turn around and sell it individually at his stand. Holiday season brings out the sweet tooth in a lot of people.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I'm going to try to make a blanket and a scarf for extra Christmas gifts.

@Psy: TBH I was wanting a cute blankie for my cat. HAHAHAHAA. :C My cat needs a christmas present too!

@Seefy: Post pics once you've made them! Really interested to see.

I feel like i'm the only one posting pics here xD But I hope i'm giving others inspiration. Aaaaanywho, thought i'd post another idea. In college I used to make jewellery and sell it in a vintage store in my town, it was reasonably successful but I had to give it up, material costs were too expensive, I had left college and went into a job so I didn't have the same dedication I had.

I still have stock left that I haven't even bothered to try and sell, but if anyone here is interested in them, then please send me a PM. I'm willing to post overseas aswell! I'm in the UK and prices usually ranged from £6-12 for each item. I have rings, necklaces and earrings. I'm willing to barter on the prices as I really need cash for christmas and it'd be nice to shift the items I have left.
    Here are two of the necklaces:

SPOILER! :

Also, if anyone is interested in any of the other items i've made, I'm willing for commissions! I'm always open for new challenges and it would be my absolute pleasure. Want to see more pics? Let me know!

I shall share with you the crafts of my people!

SPOILER! :

Baby blanket for a friend at work

Just because I could

Cat in the hat gave me a crick in my back

Suzy's zoo I choose you!

Snoopy blankie oh so swanky.

Strawberry shortcake no rhyme this time. Or is there?!

Bags

This one was a special order request and I love how I did the pocket <3!

I can't tell if they are all fuzzy just on my phone or because I used the photobucket app to put them on here.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    SPOILER! :

My favourite. The bags are cool too, but dat blanket. :F

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    That Snoopy one is the shit, I like all of em really.. damn.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."