Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im In Need Of A Better Artist,Than Myself

not all people should need incentives or want something to get something done.I met one of the best writers I've ever seen through just showing them my story.

I'm not saying your not a chill dude or anything,just saying,some people do things just because they like to,and they wish to get better.I wanna find people like that,people who read my story and decide,regardless of incentives.

But,not everyone needs,or should,need incentives.Some people just do it for the fun of things.I want people who can read my story and know exactly what it can become,and join me based on that,not on incentives.Your words just sound very discouraging,because your assuming everyone will treat me the same.

My mainpoint is that,there are a lot of "experienced" people on this site,and Ihave no doubt that they know what they're talking about,so Ido take things into consideration.I think it'd be diffrent if everyone who's said this was published,but most aren't,so I mean...

- though thanks for the advice no hard feelings.

@celestialfox.Lol,probably.I understand that everyone's trying to guide me on here,I do,and I appreciate it.Though,idk,about the attitude thing,its a pretty fair argument,andy I respect everyones thoughts and or opinions.But if you feel that way,I cant stop you.

So,as things stand,everything anyone needs to look at will be on the first page,provided in the links.

Thanks...
    Last edited by tag654; 11-18-2012 at 03:11 AM.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    That attitude won't get you far, man. People have been kind enough to actually give you tips on how to find people that can help. That, and no one has explicitly declined your proposal; they just want to know more about how you can be an asset to them for all of their hard work. Unfortunately, you have shown to be uncooperative and have most likely lost your potential candidates—which not only were the four that have replied to the thread, but anyone else who has read it, such as myself.

Good luck.

Lol,celestial,Erm...you kinda posted a reply before I was finished with my whole post.

A bit awkward,but look at it now,if you decide to re-visit. hehehe owo

The last thing im going to say is that you should listen to NWAP about the working on your art, but also working on the story at the same time on the sidelines. What i'm doing with my project - Genome - is I have equal times between working on my artwork in preparation for it in (many) years time but I also spend close to the same amount of time working and developing the story, unfortunately if you won't spend that time working on the actual story AS WELL AS the art then unless you are a prodigy you are unlikely to entice anyone... some of the best stories out there take years of research and planning, I wouldn't suggest rushing it, allow it to flourish and enjoy the time it takes to make it and the fun you will have releasing it to the public when its ready.

So instead of trying to assemble a team, work on it solo, later once you are a pro at art and have been working and researching and finishing your story would be the time to assemble your team (if you even need it by that point), you will have a real idea of where you want to take the story, you will have incentives, and people will see that you have been; A) dedicated and are unlikely to back down and B) are more likely to give them what they want, unfortunately you can only give them your word at this point in time, which isn't quite enough when you are talking about large projects.

Hopefully that makes sense... my English has been deteriorating these past months :l
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 11-18-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    That attitude won't get you far, man. People have been kind enough to actually give you tips on how to find people that can help. That, and no one has explicitly declined your proposal; they just want to know more about how you can be an asset to them for all of their hard work. Unfortunately, you have shown to be uncooperative and have most likely lost your potential candidates—which not only were the four that have replied to the thread, but anyone else who has read it, such as myself.
    The bold statement is so so so true and most people don't realize it. Although people don't always post on a thread, it doesn't mean their not watching. They read what people post in this section of the forum and decide if it's even worth their time to post. They check to see if the writer of the ideas presented have good grammar, spelling, and attitude. No one wants to work with someone who doesn't listen. I'm not saying that you have the worst attitude or anything, but it's just something to keep in mind. Commitment to a project is a big deal for an artist, especially one that requires numerous drawings.

In no means stop working on this. As previously stated, keep developing.
    Maybe stuffs to be made for deviants soon
    http://trnal.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by tag654 View Post
    But,not everyone needs,or should,need incentives.Some people just do it for the fun of things.I want people who can read my story and know exactly what it can become,and join me based on that,not on incentives.Your words just sound very discouraging,because your assuming everyone will treat me the same.
    I clicked on the thread BECAUSE I like to draw for the fun of it.And I strongly believe that If there's anyone on here that understands how you feel, Its me dude. although I can see where everyone else is coming from, I really don't think you have an attitude problem, you just have a passion to make your story come to life as a manga. When I first started I was just like this. And I've been in COUNTLESS teams (with very talented people) that ran purely on the motivation to make a manga. They always start off strong, but then they fizzle out, because the people on the team don't have the same motivation or incentive that the person leading the team does. If the person leading the team has enough experience to SHOW the team what the manga can become (detailed character sketches/outlines/ways they plan to publish) its easier to start and keep a team together. But making an appealing story and appealing characters takes time and experience just like anything else. You're fresh out the box man. You have the passion, but direct that fire into the actual content, and I know you can make it happen.

Unhappy

Sigh~, I guess you guys are right. I guess ill just try to get better with writing and drawing. It's just I've been working on this for almost a year now, and my friend helped for a month, but he did Alot to help with the storyline and helping rough out a basic overview. But when he stopped helping, everything is just really slow, and school doesn't help, so I've been trying to find someone to help, because I might have the time I want to do this.

I mean, I'm 16 years old, a senior in high school, about to goto college in the summer. My goal was to have a chapter drawn, and written by a hen, since college will probably limit my time even more then now. So
    , yeah. But thanks guys, and thanks NWAP.