Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im In Need Of A Better Artist,Than Myself

Exclamation Im In Need Of A Better Artist,Than Myself

Hello Guys,

Im Looking To Make A Team/Group to help me make this manga/light novel(Have yet to decide)
    Looking For:
    - Critiquers
    - People with Ideas
    -An Artist Of A Higher lvl Than Myself
    - An Editor,Or Elaborator(Giving the story more detail)

To Make things Quick Ill Have links to all info That You need to know:

My Situation: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4142613AAW8FTG

My DeviantArt : kingfromhatena.deviantart.com

My Email : yeahmantag654@yahoo.com

Hopefully that First Link Gives You Everything You Need to know,Though,If you wish to know more story-wise...I dont mind showing the artist a bit more individually through email,to persuade them to join me,I just need an artist who trust that I have a great story to compliment their drawings.

If You Have Any Questions Feel Free to contact me through email or below.Also,If you know other sites where I might have better luck,let me know :P

- Tag
    Last edited by tag654; 11-16-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Ok...so you get an artist better than you, people to critique your story, people with ideas to finish your story, and an editor giving the story more detail. Why do all these people need you? What is your role in this process? Are you asking people to do all the work for you? I'm not trying to be mean but you have to sell yourself better. Make people WANT to join the team. Ok, so you don't have any money...what do you plan to DO with it when its done? What are your goals? Make us excited about it.

^ NWAP speaks the truth.

Also, the backstory you have is kind of generic on its own. If you wanna keep it, you have to make your characters completely awesome and convincing. Essentially what the guy on Yahoo Answers said.

@nwap

Why these people need me? Because I have a great story and I want to try and make it popular.
    Am I Trying To Get People To Do everything? Of course not,I don't mind doing all the scripting,and/or writing...all I really need is a great artist.I was just listing things that ppl could potentially help with to make things much smoother and faster.

But yea,after the final product is done,I plan to have all participants names and credit given to them in the final piece,and from their Im guessing a publishing company will decide our fate.I just wish to have a group in which we can really make something great.I want it to mostly be an anime series that is internationally known - that's the long term goal.

@Matt Yea I know.Honestly,I have yet to make a "real" short synopsis,idk just haven't got to sumarizing it in "short" yet.What was read is the pre-text,or the basis/ground for my story,but its not the story in the very least.Hence,why I said that ppl should email me individually to check out my story.I don't feel comfortable about putting it all online.

But if you want I can try and summarize what I have it you want,it'd just be abit hard,to me.
    Last edited by tag654; 11-17-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Ideally, you want to have an elevator pitch for your story. For example, some from my stories:

"A girl assassinates politicians and reporters and faces the psychological consequences of killing."
    "A governor kidnaps travelers and trains them to fight in order to protect his city from a siege."
    "A sociopath and a runaway debate philosophy, discuss music, and hitchhike trains while trying to hold off a siege."

The point is to get people to want to read your story before a figurative elevator goes from one floor to the next.

Also, don't worry about putting your stuff online. I do it all the time. Take what precautions you think are necessary, but know that people don't steal writing very often. Think of it like this: if someone has to steal your work to look respectable, do you really think he has the skills necessary to get that stolen work to a publisher?

I see you're not a successful mangaka yet
    I see your art hasn't really improved

But yea,after the final product is done,I plan to have all participants names and credit given to them in the final piece
    I think if they were to put that much effort into it I think they would want more than a simple credit at the end, just saying

@demonfrye.Well obviously.
    I'm saying when we have the first chapter published,or so...then,well have the publishing company give us incentives we can split,money,and such,haven't done much research as to this,but when we get there,we will all have our fair share,and ill make sure of that.

@toast.Harsh,but kinda true.Have only been drawing for a year or so,and have only been drawing like 5-10 times a month if that lol.Just been busy Iguess.

@Matt.I think your right...Ill put a small section from the beggining in,the manga section or whatever its called and post a link.I'm pretty sure I have that escalation factor...My story,is very good,I've been told - from those who've read it.Though if not,then maybe you can critique it and give ur opinions if ur interested.

*here is the link :
    http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...ghlight=hanako
    Last edited by tag654; 11-18-2012 at 12:01 AM.

@demonfrye.Well obviously.
    I'm saying when we have the first chapter published,or so...then,well have the publishing company give us incentives we can split,money,and such,haven't done much research as to this,but when we get there,we will all have our fair share,and ill make sure of that.
    Yup obviously, and I would suggest research first before you bother asking, because you won't be able to hire people if they don't know what they are getting for their time

I understand you have a dream, but you have to be realistic man. Getting a team together is a hard thing to do, unless you give incentive. Unfortunately there isn't much here :/ . You aren't offering or showing anything unique. As a whole, nothing here is fully mapped out and as Demonfrye said, no one really knows what they are getting into. Id strongly recommend to just continue practicing manga on your own at this point, and after you gain some experience, then MAYBE think about trying to assemble a team. But If you keep working hard at drawing, and studying manga, you may find you don't even need a team. Just be patient and keep practicing.