Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What Anime/Manga series do ispire you???

Quote Originally Posted by DemonKaiser93 View Post
    Have you ever tried anatomy classes, believe me they help...
    You mean drawing class or Biology class?
    There is nothing something like that (drawing class) in my town.
    But i know how to draw in proportion using ruler, but free hand alone is extra ordinary very very difficult for me. (In college they teach me about golden section, leonardo davinci, fibonachi, and blah blah blah...)

Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    Robot and human have different anatomy. You can mix them up... heck, even Tokusatsu robot and super robot and real robot, all have different anatomy... That's why, usually people who good at one thing, doesn't that good in another.
    I think like that so. But there's must be fun to learn a lot of different way to draw

Oops, it seems I have a typo there. I mean you CAN'T mix human anatomy with robot anatomy.

Between the first circle of the Inferno & DisneyLand
    I like mecha anime two.. try to learn how to draw by watching anime an othe way they are drawn... it helps...

Also try learning anotomy by finding info on the net...
    Say, can you hear that? It's the sound of the reaper... - Magus

Wowowow... Mecha and humans have different anatomy. Mechas use some times human anatomy, but is always alterated and take some heavy desitions in the changes to make different appealing.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Oops, it seems I have a typo there. I mean you CAN'T mix human anatomy with robot anatomy.
    Depends on what kind of robot you're drawing. If you're drawing a humanoid-type robot, then you can use human anatomy as a reference. If, on the other hand, you are doing a robot based on an animal, you use an animal as the base and if you're drawing something from imagination and doesn't fit with anything in real-life, then you will have to figure out the base yourself.

When I mean different, that means all the proportions, joints, and all other things are different (sometimes completely different). Of course what you learn from drawing humans still do a little good. But if you just use human anatomy into drawing mecha, though you could draw one, it won't be very nice looking.

That's why when drawing manga, most of times the person who draw mecha and the person who draw the human... are different people (there's a profession who specialized in drawing mecha only). Of course there are lots of person who can do both... but not as good as people who specialized in only one.

Its 3/4 actually right.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonKaiser93 View Post
    I like mecha anime two.. try to learn how to draw by watching anime an othe way they are drawn... it helps...

Also try learning anotomy by finding info on the net...
    Above is why i like your character that have like-an-android-hand. And that your last sentence is the main reason why i port my ship here.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Wowowow... Mecha and humans have different anatomy. Mechas use some times human anatomy, but is always alterated and take some heavy desitions in the changes to make different appealing.
    I Can draw an box+box+box like mecha (using ruler) and tank and some kind stuff that lack lot of aesthetic of human-aerodynamic thing within right anatomy that i can imagine (i do that since just 100cm tall). but what i want is human, human or half human or robot in lot of aerodynamic thing. That my straight sense of line style in drawing stick like super glue in me plus after i "jailed" (cuz I have not graduated yet till 12 semester) in architecture this sense become more sticky like a black hole. Then human i can draw is standing silhouette with skinny head.

Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    Depends on what kind of robot you're drawing. If you're drawing a humanoid-type robot, then you can use human anatomy as a reference. If, on the other hand, you are doing a robot based on an animal, you use an animal as the base and if you're drawing something from imagination and doesn't fit with anything in real-life, then you will have to figure out the base yourself.
    Thanks a lot for your tutorial, now i can draw human anatomy with free hand from front perspective but still got some problem with different perspective and different pose. but the biggest problem is muscle and fat in arm and leg, its kinda hard to draw similar thing two times.heel and fingers(woman finger) is kinda difficult too. its kinda funny using mal(curved ruler; we call it mal) to draw human thing. So i must train so hard till i got used to it.

That's why when drawing manga, most of times the person who draw mecha and the person who draw the human... are different people (there's a profession who specialized in drawing mecha only). Of course there are lots of person who can do both... but not as good as people who specialized in only one.
    I agree, in my childhood there is a friend of mine that can draw all marvel comic etc character including its muscles and shading that perfectly similar to object in three minutes (he's in army now).but he's kinda suck at inanimate objects, the only two person that can draw well in inanimate in school is me and my otaku friend(and he think he can got berserk sometimes).
    Last edited by Reset; 02-15-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Regarding different people specializing in drawing different things (humans vs robots, realistic vs not), I disagree. You can make up for it with practice. I had a knack for drawing landscapes and things when I was young. People and animals - not so much. I also wasn't very good at coloring, traditionally and digitally, as well but with time and practice, I've gotten fairly good on both.

@ LVUER
    I'll scan an example of how an artist took a human body and converted it into a robot. ...Just give me a moment to scan it.

[EDIT]
    Ok, got 'em! One is based on a dinosaur and the other on a maid.

Gee, I loved Zoids as a kid! Used to think that dinosaur-shaped robots were the coolest thing ever, too. Now I think that robots designed like... um... never mind what I was going to say...

Anyways, ahahaha, obviously there's space for caricature and you wouldn't be carrying all your basic forms across. The joints may be different, and in many cases simplified, but they're going to have similar properties to their real, biological counterparts like what Rio pointed out.

Ah yes, that's right... Actually, what's in my mind was mecha like Gundam or Armored Core.

And at some point, my post was talk past the anatomy and somehow talks about drawing the mecha itself (which is my bad) since we're talking only about anatomy.