Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What Anime/Manga series do ispire you???

Quote Originally Posted by Reset View Post
    I agree, right now i in the middle of training for drawing a character. oh yeah, i already reading y: the last man that you reffer in other thread, its great comic man.
    You should also try The Walking Deads. There is thread in mt for this comic.

Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    FMP first season (and Fumoffu) is better at the humor while second season is better at the mecha (understandable since it's more serious and darker than the first season). I wonder when they'll make the third season?
    The second one was serious to the point where it was almost depressing, especially
    SPOILER! :
    with those dark-haired twin girls who both died. But I suppose they were supposed to symbolize what Sousuke could have become if Chidori hadn't found him in time.

But Fumoffu was hilarious. After season 2 I was in an art block, but Fumoffu got me motivated again. I loved the part where he accidentally groped Tessa. His reaction was awesome.

I can't wait for a third season, but I kinda hope it takes Fumoffu's humor and light-heartedness, combined with season 2's animation.

EDIT: Didn't see that there were already four pages. I replied to a post on the first page . . .

Anyway, I got through with Tenjo Tenge, as far as all the scan teams went (as of a few months ago). I loved the art, especially near the current chapters. It owns. However, the story . . . meh. Oh! Great isn't really the greatest writer out there. "I'm a noob, I can't beat this guy--but wait! I have some epic ancient dragon as of one page ago and I'll win now! Oh, no! Now I can't beat this guy! I'll just rely on some ancient sword now!"

That's what it seemed like to me. I just couldn't understand it. Maybe I should give it another read. Unlike most people here, I actually didn't mind the violence and fanservice combined. I've played female characters in violent games for too long to really care anymore.

-

On the topic of One Piece's art, yes, the backgrounds and such are pure epic, and the characters are well-drawn. I didn't exactly like the style because I'm too used to the moe/loli eyecandy. But I'll get used to it soon enough.
    Last edited by Matt; 02-13-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Is a typical greek story, where the main character is not able to defeat the evil by himself, so it need a magical something to do it. Of course in the case og Tenge Tenjo, is a circle of many of these events.

Ah, I see. I respect that, but it feels like the characters are acting according to their fate or their dragons or their predefined roles from 1000 years ago, instead of acting as themselves. Battle Vixens/Ikki Tousen did that too. (Just take off the freaking sacred beads so you don't have to kill your best friends!)

I'll probably never like the story all that much, but I'll always love the art.

There is nothing to respect about that kind of story. It has be done to many times and over exploited be mangas like Naruto, DB, DBZ, DBGT, Saint Seya, etcetera.

What would be appreciated is to stay in what this kind of story it is, and not doing it like a cyclic repetition of this story structure.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    You should also try The Walking Deads. There is thread in mt for this comic.
    Im not already finish all chapter, i just start reading ch 11 right now.maybe after.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    There is nothing to respect about that kind of story. It has be done to many times and over exploited be mangas like Naruto, DB, DBZ, DBGT, Saint Seya, etcetera.

What would be appreciated is to stay in what this kind of story it is, and not doing it like a cyclic repetition of this story structure.
    I add Bleach in it too, its just repeat plot of Saint Seya battle, otherwise i like tite kubo graphic design.
    Yeah of course there always be more interesting to read newest kind of story

Between the first circle of the Inferno & DisneyLand
    wew that a lot of combination, i just spend my time to see your drawing. until an age ago i just draw building n mecha inspired by doraemon right now i tried to learn about draw a character. i see your album is full of character you made, i see i can learn something from you.
    Well, try to draw the first thing that comes to you mind, and try to combine aspects from other character that you know that helps, but I wil recommend you to start to develop your character from zero eventually...
    Say, can you hear that? It's the sound of the reaper... - Magus

Yup i tried, i love tokusatsu you know, so i draw something like kamen rider but in the end the results always long leg with short torso (like mecha) or right torso with short leg (like doraemon), or right anatomy proporsion but too slim or too fat. And i tried to draw a character but the result she or he like a "foreigner" not like a "main character.i see your draw has it's own soul.

Between the first circle of the Inferno & DisneyLand
    Yup i tried, i love tokusatsu you know, so i draw something like kamen rider but in the end the results always long leg with short torso (like mecha) or right torso with short leg (like doraemon), or right anatomy proporsion but too slim or too fat. And i tried to draw a character but the result she or he like a "foreigner" not like a "main character.i see your draw has it's own soul.
    Have you ever tried anatomy classes, believe me they help...
    Say, can you hear that? It's the sound of the reaper... - Magus

Robot and human have different anatomy. You can mix them up... heck, even Tokusatsu robot and super robot and real robot, all have different anatomy... That's why, usually people who good at one thing, doesn't that good in another.