Hey, everyone! I'm .Luke, and I've lurked this place for a while, but just signed up today.

I used to take art pretty seriously when I was a teenager, and loved animation, but I felt like I was running around in circles and barely improving, and dropped sketching anything for a couple of years. About a year ago, I finally decided to pick up where I left off, and try drawing again, but for real this time. Along the way, I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if there were any tutorials on the internet that would help me take a shot at Manga, something I was unable to do as a teen (Mostly just misshapen mutants, fruit monsters and cartoony humans. XD) but would have loved to draw.

That's when I bumped into a plethora of tutorials on deviantART and this site on Google, and never felt more stupid for not thinking of trying to search for any of that online before. ;____; I learned so much about structure, color theory, construction lines, formulas, planning, all the things I never realized were invested into great art, comics, and animation.

Needless to say, Mangatutorials and its community-driven tutorial pages helped me find myself as an artist again. I can't be more thankful for all the mind-opening tutorials I've had to study after all this time; it's made me see not only Manga, but art in general, in a totally new way. And now after spending so much time on deviantART, I want to become an active member here too. I'm always eager to learn from constructive criticism in whatever I create, (Fastest way for me to learn is when seasoned artists tell me where I screwed up. XD) and hopefully I'll be able contribute to the site's list of tutorials myself in the future. ^^

Ahh, why is everything I type up so long-winded! To keep this from trailing on too long, my dA profile has all my likes/dislikes, but the above sums up my testimony so far. =P