Thread: Finally Registered Today, Hi Guys! =P

Hybrid View

Finally Registered Today, Hi Guys! =P

Hey, everyone! I'm .Luke, and I've lurked this place for a while, but just signed up today.

I used to take art pretty seriously when I was a teenager, and loved animation, but I felt like I was running around in circles and barely improving, and dropped sketching anything for a couple of years. About a year ago, I finally decided to pick up where I left off, and try drawing again, but for real this time. Along the way, I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if there were any tutorials on the internet that would help me take a shot at Manga, something I was unable to do as a teen (Mostly just misshapen mutants, fruit monsters and cartoony humans. XD) but would have loved to draw.

That's when I bumped into a plethora of tutorials on deviantART and this site on Google, and never felt more stupid for not thinking of trying to search for any of that online before. ;____; I learned so much about structure, color theory, construction lines, formulas, planning, all the things I never realized were invested into great art, comics, and animation.

Needless to say, Mangatutorials and its community-driven tutorial pages helped me find myself as an artist again. I can't be more thankful for all the mind-opening tutorials I've had to study after all this time; it's made me see not only Manga, but art in general, in a totally new way. And now after spending so much time on deviantART, I want to become an active member here too. I'm always eager to learn from constructive criticism in whatever I create, (Fastest way for me to learn is when seasoned artists tell me where I screwed up. XD) and hopefully I'll be able contribute to the site's list of tutorials myself in the future. ^^

Ahh, why is everything I type up so long-winded! To keep this from trailing on too long, my dA profile has all my likes/dislikes, but the above sums up my testimony so far. =P

hi! welcome to mt. glad you joined us.

its nice of you to return to art despite the supposed hiatus on drawing. the best place to start will be the artist area. be sure to read posting rules first anyway, it is often neglected.

hope to see your art soon
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Thanks for the welcome, and the suggestions! ^_^ I'll definitely post in the Artists Area first, and I'm already reviewing the rules for a lot of boards before I post. ^^ Since I run my own web forum, I know how important it is to check them out in a new community. Even if we have great etiquette online, it can be really awkward when we break a unique rule other communities didn't have. I know that feel from experience!

Heh, and I look forward to the critiques! XD I've already got quite a few finished pieces in my dA gallery, (And two original Manga-styled digital pieces, especially.) but I may just post the ones I'm the most concerned about. I'm always up for brutal honesty, i.e constructive criticism, since it usually tells me exactly where I need to improve next. Normally I'm a slow learner, but feedback really helps. ^_^
    Last edited by .Luke; 10-20-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Realized the url tags around the third sentence could come off as a shameless plug for my own forums, oops. :#

Hey, welcome to MT. Did you ever draw moronic mutants?
    SPOILER! :

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. ^^ And I will remember to keep my out eye for contests and activities, Rio, thanks for reminding me! The Let's exercise! thread sounds interesting too, I really do need to sketch more often, and I don't experiment as often as I should. XD I gotta join the bandwagon there, I've got all this art paper and hardly using it, getting rusty with traditional mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubisko View Post
    Hey, welcome to MT. Did you ever draw moronic mutants?
    SPOILER! :
    I haven't drawn those guys, but derpy mutants for sure! XD One of my fruit monsters looked like he had warped piano keys for teeth, and that was partly unintentional. =P Others had like razor sharp teeth screaming in their mechanical eye pupils too. I don't experiment with designs like I used to, I could come up with the craziest things.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Hi .Luke! Welcome to Manga Tutorials. For a bit of fun, check out the Contests & Activities too when you get the chance. (You know, when you want to take a break from critiques ;D ). There's also the Let's Exercise in the Drawing, Animation & Tutorials for those who just want to draw and share. See ya around!

Hey there!! Welcome, welcome, welcome! I glad you could join us!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Welcome to the MT

hi there~! I'm new here as well welcome to MT ^____^ let's have fun
    I bleed endlessly, tonight as I hear your last requiem with the soothing melody of the dying hurling wind...