Thread: Psychological Manga

Psychological Manga

Hey guys, I happen to come across a decent psychological manga. Life is Money by Asaniji Teru and Yaguraba Tekka is just a quick read. Give it some time and say something about it. I wanna know what you guys think of this manga.

I must warn you tho. it has gory stuff. Aside from that its completely fine.

To me its pretty cool. Especially the way they style the graphics to correspond the psychological event.
    Last edited by BunnyVoid; 10-19-2012 at 08:46 AM.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

This one is actually really neat ! thanks for sharing
    Maybe stuffs to be made for deviants soon
    http://trnal.deviantart.com

sure np! I hope you guys read it :3 I wanna see what you think of the style, plot, and its overall effect on you.

So amusing.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso

I have only read 2 chapters so far and I must say that the author must love bdsm stuffs. Soo far the story goes around the bdsm none violent games. By looking the art style you can see than is not soo much a psychological thriller but rather a psychological play, the author is just playing with the characters under the rules he established for his game, so its taken more with humor than with thrill.

The main character is quickly presented, but is something to be expected as the story only goes around the bdsm play. And the secondary characters are the moment just anime cliché that hasn't been presented properly (at least they didn't made the classical full body presentation, that would have been even a bigger cheap narrative trick), and on its "cliché" I hope it doesn't discard characters on the same way, because then I already would know how are going to go out and I could hypothesis why.

Anyway, I'm going to keep reading, I haven't read any new manga in a while and this one is quite short.

PD: oh ya, there are also a lot of proportion problems with the characters, I understand that they are distorted soem times, but on others they are just bad drawn.

Edit:

Wow after seeing some of the boy-girl relationship I immediately thought: Was this write by a man?

SPOILER! :
    Am i the only one who find it extremely heartless how only one person got psychologically disturbed for killing that one guy? I was guessing that ones everyone saw what they did and they had to go to their rooms everything was going to colaps for everyone, but only one person was affected
    Last edited by ClockHand; 10-20-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Yeah, it started off strong but got really really predictable. I eventually started reading over the jibber jabber just to get to the core story and yeah, I kinda called it all out.

I feel like this is in base is someone trying to express their view on life via this situation. Less psychological more philosophical.
    But still kept me reading more or less .

SPOILER! :
    its amazing how no one takes it seriously, a murder is going free on the apartment and everyone is basically "ya, I'm going to sleep alone". Also, chapter 10 has such a fascist speech made by the protagonist.

When I read this I felt like it had so much potential to express same thoughts as the movie "Das Experiment" (2001) directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel. I really liked the film. It would be interesting if the manga had more discussion about how humans measure life and death.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    SPOILER! :
    its amazing how no one takes it seriously, a murder is going free on the apartment and everyone is basically "ya, I'm going to sleep alone". Also, chapter 10 has such a fascist speech made by the protagonist.
    Yeah that turned me off. It would have been better if characters had a realistic and diverse understanding of life and death. These two topics are so vast that arguments regarding their definition could lead nations into war. I wanted to see if somebody would break rules or oppose authority just to prove their views on life and death. Also it would be nicer if they had some discussion on how money degenerates the world we live in and yet we succumb to its power.

If the duration of the game lasted for a month, there would have been more time to develop each character. I personally dislike how #2 and #10 were poorly developed. It would also be interesting if the observers (the masked man) in the game were more involved. More interesting plots would have been made.

Plot direction and phasing was disappointing but manga amused me nonetheless.
    Last edited by BunnyVoid; 10-20-2012 at 08:09 AM.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyVoid View Post
    Plot direction and phasing was disappointing but manga amused me nonetheless.
    My thoughts exactly.

SPOILER! :
    Clock, you mentioned something about this being written by a man. There's one part in that manga where the main character's female friend says something along the lines as, "And if you leave me here, the murdurer will surely take advantage of me sexually" or something like that. That's where I was like "Yep, Clock hit the hammer on the head with that one." Just thought I'd share that .