Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Thread: Spam 23: spooky scary skeletons

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    No, but non-white women experience its negative effects more acutely in a kyriarchal sense.

I focused on non-whites to get a narrower thesis. It was my term paper, so it had to very focused and detailed.
    Oh really? O_o fascinating outcome, have you got any hypothesises as to why this is the case?

Well walmart is what we call a "sausage factory", mass produces and each one look the same, it has no statement or proposition to the view or people. Its not even built for people, as the inner space is too big for people (who need a ceiling soo high?). So architecturally, its quite poor. but also on its response to the environment (a building is not just what its inside, but also what its outside), as its looks like a fortress, and the only entrance is the big entrance on the facade, almost telling people "I only care if you came to buy", as you have nothing to look or do, on its back or sides. And that its poor design, as you want your building to become a space for people, not just who buy things but also people who pass through it, to give life to the place. Following the previews, it doesn't speak with the street, there is no language to share with any building close to him, roads, or people who walk there. Its just like the black monolith from Space Odyssey, but having a front door that only invite to consume.

Ugh... its just depressed me, as its look like the incarnation of wrong capitalism and consumerism. Its like the whole building state the company vision.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Clock: That makes a lot of sense. And yeah, Walmart is basically capitalism in visible form. It's kinda creepy. although I didn't have time to research it, I have heard that Walmart used to take out life insurance policies on their employees with the expectation that they will die. (Which, if that story is true, is why lots of old people work at Walmart.)

Toast: You are the new Chihiro923

Demon: Basically I found a lot of correlation between workers overseas and non-white employees at Walmart. Common issues in China, like hunger, low pay, low chance at advancement, strategic psychological treatments, lack of benefits, and the institutionally-created need to be dependent on Walmart (despite its abuses) are also common with the workers here in the US. According to statistics, it's a little easier (although I can't say how much) to get out of the abusive capitalistic cycle of Walmart stores if you're white, but many non-whites are trapped there for a variety of reasons. Fun fact: Walmart is the #1 employer of blacks and Latinos nationwide.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Kmart fo lyfe.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Is K-Mart even in business anymore? O_____o The last K-Mart in Alaska closed like a decade ago. More than that, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    Toast: You are the new Chihiro923
    WHAT was she a fan too? ;_;

EDIT: oh wAIT I just remembered that she was a crazed linkin park fan <_<
    Last edited by toast; 11-24-2012 at 01:55 AM.

It's not a bad thing! XD

;D

At least you HAVE passion. D;

I'm sickened, but curious...
    care to share that paper, Seefy?
    I'd REALLY like to read it.