Page 67 of 100 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Thread: Spam 23: spooky scary skeletons

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    Is K-Mart even in business anymore? O_____o The last K-Mart in Alaska closed like a decade ago. More than that, actually.
    They're still p. big down here in Colorady. So is Target, lol.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    We got Target a few years ago, but K-Mart is gone. XD

Baron: I finished the rough draft, but I'll be tweaking it this week and next. But sure, you can afterward! (:

When I was in Buenos Aires, I was happily amused on how many local stores they had. Basically the whole city was filled of buildings from different times (you have deco at the side of a neoclassic or a post modern or modern, it was cool) and they always had a local store, a coffee store, restaurants or others, while the upper section are apartment to live on or hotels. There was almost no big store or anything, just small stores and shit. In parts is amazing because it give life to street, you could actually walk around and have a coffee on some place or read a book there, it has life, but its also a complex situation in the economical problems they have (and how the city has growth in such a way that it has different weathers on different streets, depending if air can pass through buildings or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    Demon: Basically I found a lot of correlation between workers overseas and non-white employees at Walmart. Common issues in China, like hunger, low pay, low chance at advancement, strategic psychological treatments, lack of benefits, and the institutionally-created need to be dependent on Walmart (despite its abuses) are also common with the workers here in the US. According to statistics, it's a little easier (although I can't say how much) to get out of the abusive capitalistic cycle of Walmart stores if you're white, but many non-whites are trapped there for a variety of reasons. Fun fact: Walmart is the #1 employer of blacks and Latinos nationwide.
    Oh really? o: that is worrying... I wonder if the walmart counterpart ASDA over here in the UK have similar statistics

I'm not sure, but it is a little freaky. It makes me feel awful every time I have to go there for something. :<

Hmm I can imagine T__T I don't want to know about these things some of these large companies do behind our backs... I doubt I could sleep afterwards.

A lot of it has to do with aggressive actions to keep prices low, which often entails employee abuse. I buy some fair trade stuff, and a lot of people perceive it to be expensive—even though it truly is reasonably priced. It just seems too expensive, because each worker on the line of production was given fair living wages, rather than pennies. I've had my eyes on a few pairs of fair trade shoes for a while, but I have so save some money before I can get them. They are very unique, though, so it will be worth the wait.

I bought a new jacket yesterday. The dude said that it was the last one in the country but idk if that was true or not

Hahaha, I'd be so proud of that.

One of my favorite company praxis is burning what didn't sold. Its fantastic how the fashion industry makes ton of cloth just to sell less than 50% of it and burn the other.