Page 65 of 100 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Spam 23: spooky scary skeletons

Isn't "non-whites" still a big demographic (from ages, social statuses, ethnics and more)?

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Yes, it is, but I talked about several races, namely Chinese, black, and Mexican. I focused on adults in poor areas.

ic, interesting. But they are also quite diverse, the result would hardly be conclusive for all of them unless you are using a interdisciplinary theories body which wouldn't be even determinism at the end.

Still interesting.

Okay...? Like, I don't see where you're going with this. I mean, it's not like I'm a professional or anything. I feel like if you read it, you would better see what it's actually about, since the conclusions are not too inductively specific, given the range of statistical samples, anecdotes, and premises. The main idea is that there are parallelisms between the treatment of women in China and the treatment of Walmart's female associates, especially those who aren't white.

The scope is large because Walmart's affective scope is large. How else could a class action lawsuit with a 1.6 million-woman plaintiff group press Supreme Court charges against Walmart for racism and sexism?
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 11-23-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Guys, guys. Guys. Look over there!
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Oh, I was just thinking out law about the essay as a problem on the wide range of demography it tries to grab. And also the interest, as we don't have walmart here so I have no idea how these relate to each other, so for my this is like a triple mystery.

And I don't know, I have no idea of USA legislation, how it works or neither walmart and how people relate to walmart, the only thing I know about walmart is that people hate it but they still go there, reason why I'm asking stuffs, because already a essay that wide rise my interest and questioning, and the relationship of walmart on society, also because the more I read about it, walmart looks like the avatar that Frankfurt school feared when they arrived to USA, which is pretty cool in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Oh, I was just thinking out law about the essay as a problem on the wide range of demography it tries to grab. And also the interest, as we don't have walmart here so I have no idea how these relate to each other, so for my this is like a triple mystery.

And I don't know, I have no idea of USA legislation, how it works or neither walmart and how people relate to walmart, the only thing I know about walmart is that people hate it but they still go there, reason why I'm asking stuffs, because already a essay that wide rise my interest and questioning, and the relationship of walmart on society, also because the more I read about it, walmart looks like the avatar that Frankfurt school feared when they arrived to USA, which is pretty cool in my head.
    I was comfortable being wide in demographics, because the United States government had even acknowledged commonalities between those groups, and the Supreme Court documents have even used less specific language ("racism," "sexism"). My sources were peer-reviewed scholarly journals, court cases, and textbooks from other fields.

But yeah, Walmart just isn't a very good place. I won't lie, though—I do shop there because it often carries items that aren't available anywhere else, since Alaska doesn't have many places to get things. Other people go there because they can't afford to go anywhere else. (Walmart always has the lowest prices.) The store's low prices come from horrible payment of employees overseas and in the US. Two-thirds of the United States lives in a state where Walmart is the #1 employer, yet a majority of Walmart employees quality for food stamps/other government assistance, because the full-time working wages for an employee are below the national poverty line.

Don't you guys have minimal wage (legaly)? forcing companies to pay a minimal amount to employees, which that amount is also regulated by a statistic average consume? Well that's how it works here, even so its a joke at the moment, it still save people from being overly abused (not saying they are not, but at least they have legal protections like minimal wage, the chair law, the rights of employees, etc).

One of the things that always scared my of walmart is the fact that, where walmart is placed, it become a giant parking lot. And as someone who love architecture and spacial integrity, it would kill me deeply to see something like that.

Yes, the US has minimum wage, but minimum wage is still below the poverty line if you have any kids. ): Some politicians want to raise minimum wage to a "living wage," since the amount it is now is not enough for many people.

The architecture of Walmart is pretty icky. I don't know much about architecture, but it's pretty obvious with Walmart they have giant parking lots, all of the buildings are similar (for the most part). There isn't any greenery or anything. Just blaaah.

so I just joined an animal collective fan forum