hmmm nice. you're trying out stuff...

for the 2pt perspective, i don't suggest using regular sized paper. Maybe one that is almost too wide that its height (try folding A3 in thirds, then fold 1 of the thirds to the back. If you get it right, then that's the ratio i'm talking about hehehe).

Additionally... (from Adam's thread, sorry got lazy, but same crits...)
Quote Originally Posted by BunnyVoid View Post
i think i can help with explaining perspective.
This is how we can manually compute and draw almost accurate perspective... you don't have to do this but it can help you understand rubiskos' point.
SPOILER! :

rightclick, then open image in new window to see full view.

If you see the image in full screen you will see additional "guides" besides the usual horizon line and perspective points. There is what we call a station point which we can likened to a camera. Additionally, there are what we call the picture plane. This can be likened to the window you view in when using the camera. In architecture practice, this camera is "set-up" on a scaled plan view of a drawing (in this case a building). In the picture the building is angled, but if we rotate the plan, the projected values will also differ. (If you're familiar with 3d, this is the manual version of orbiting around objects from different views hehee.. its kind of cool actually.) From there we project the points to the picture plane via the station point. To capture the actual heights of the drawing we project from a similarly scaled elevation using the opposite view point (see drawing, try to analyze hehe, can't explain sorry...).

So unto my main point...
We try to project those scaled measurements on a angled ground plane to achieve a perspective. notice that the points are far off because it wants to stretch the horizon as far as possible to copy the way the horizon in real life. the horizon in real life stretches across our line of sight.

Like in this post
SPOILER! :

In one point perspective this is more evident because points are too far off that lines become parallel. My prof once told me that there is no true one point perspective. There will always be some warping somewhere especially with cameras. But don't listen to him because it just complicates stuff. lol...
sorry can't explain it any better but hope you get the point
I really apologize for being lazy...