Also.

An anorexic dragon. "The townspeople will make my butt look big!"
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

How about a blind beholder?

I mean I wouldn't ride it though...

My favorite Vampire is Edward!
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

We define diseases and illnesses as things that are different from the norm. The human norm, ie. the average state of health possessed by the majority of humans. So by definition alone, all humanoid monsters already have diseases.

For instance, all zombies by default have advanced neurodegenerative disease, severe multi-system failure and sepsis, with eating disorder, apathy, sluggish cognitive tempo, disinhibition, etc. Vampires have xeroderma pigmentosum, anemia, heart failure, NPD, etc. And since they already have all these, nothing stops them from having even more! It's tough being a monster, hahahaha.

I don't know, because zombies are by definition undeads, which mean they are, in some extension, dead. And more than having disease, they could port disease. Also the view of zombies as resolute of a disease is something more modern and in the older folklore they were just people reanimated from the graves by some sort of magic, which mean that they were just reanimated people (I remember in a book where they weren't described as rotten corpses, but rather as normal people without will).

I feel that the justification could be anything, a curse, magic, disease, planets, the sun (Heroes), etc. And depending of those you can argue if they are can be both or more. But on modern zombies, they are supposed to be a disease and be dead, so probably they could only have the undead disease and port others. While vampires, if you follow them as the classical offspring of Dracula, they are undead too, so probably they can't get more disease, but they could port. And werewolfs, well, they are a disease or curse, but they are not dead, so probably they could become other things, or probably have their own diseases.

Also, who remember when vampires used to be cool (when they weren't gothic shit nor sparkly shit)?

Hahaha good point. I guess in the end, it depends how broad your definitions are. Maybe being dead is a disease too :P

Also, I actually thought vampires were the coolest monsters of all, and actually quite beautiful as a concept because even when undead, they had a certain mortality/fragility to them. Like burning up in the sun, which is awesome, and I loved Bram Stoker's Dracula. But then Twilight took all that away from me and basically completely ruined the vampire genre. It even ruined the word "twilight". I'm quite bitter

So now I'm into zombies. No one can ruin that for me!!!!! D:<

Well, there is going to be a movie about a zombie who finds a girl and feel in love. I guess now zombies are going to get their twilight.

The safest at the moment is keeping with Lovecraft monsters, even so I'm pretty sure there are some rule34 on them, but still no twilight at the moment. Or Pan's Labyrinth.

Man, some of the coolest "monsters" for my are from Nephilim, specially because they are just spirit that posses people.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    There's some wretched anime where they make Nyarlathotep into a loli waifu.

EDIT: Even funnier when you consider how Nyarlathotep was sort of the only one of Lovecraft's original pantheon who seemed to be actively malevolent towards man, rather than just indifferent.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

You are right.

DAMN YOU JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Well, there is going to be a movie about a zombie who finds a girl and feel in love.
    That's not funny. I really hope you're joking. You have to be joking.
    That ain't right man. That just ain't right.

Also, lmfao at Japanese Nyarlathotep. That just made my day.