Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If monsters were real?

I guess if you were to really think about it...if monsters were real then they'd probally have the same issues as humans wouldn't they? I mean most monsters are capable of at least ONE conscious thought right? So, they would more than likely be just as mentally stable & unstable as the rest of us right? As far as physical ailments I guess that would depend on the monster & the affliction then.

Earlier I referenced Rosario + Vampire as to what shit would be like, but I think that crappy show UGLY AMERICANS would fit this hypothetical better.

i think the worst part of being a werewolf would be waking up the next day with poo taste in ur mouth, from licking ur own butt

Yup...or even worse you're a werewolf who really just has a terrible memory & organizational skills and just flat out forgets when the moon's full.

Or a vampire who previously had an eating disorder & keep 'purging' everytime she sucks blood.

How about a pixie or a sprite with megalomania?

Maybe a spriggan who has issues with his height?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    A mummy with a learning disability

A skeleton with body image issues
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Ha! An Arch Wizard with down syndrome.

A children eating witch with chrones (piles)disease...oh! And she actually loves caring for kids more than eating them (but that's all that she can eat)

I never really thought about this question...I think it depends on the level of congnitive thinking the monster had. Like the Blob...had no brain, right? So it wasn't really conscious that it was well, the butt of many people's fat jokes.

But like, "sentient" beings, or ones that are aware of themselves and think, I bet they could have mental issues. Perhaps. Look at Drusilla!

Complete and total side note, Shaggie your avatar is awesome.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Thanks Blue. I'm actually a 7 year old Norwegian boy named Sven.

Oh! Here's more:

A sphinx who just can't tell a joke (or a riddle) right.

A giant who's very afraid of small things.

A roc (that's a giant eagle people) has a fear of flying.

A man who can shrink or expand at will, but has both agrophobia and claustrophobia.

The monster from the black lagoon with serious OCD and cleanliness issues.

Vampires that are immune to being shown the cross, but have a serious fear of the letter "t". :3
    Last edited by Regantor; 10-19-2012 at 11:05 PM.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Ok so do any of these afflictions make monsters less scary more scary or what about more believable and likable?

More human I think. Seeing as these afflictions are things that remind us of our own imperfections, this stint on monsters would place them into a more plausible & 'positive' light. Thoughts on monsters in general would be that they are not monsters but rather humans & animals with far more issues going on than most.

Taking the mystery out of a situation & shit isn't scary at all anymore, just weird. Hell if this hypothetical were true & I knew that the creature from the Black Lagoon was real but OCD, I'd just make a mess at his pristine lagoon to distract his amphibious ass long enough to save my GF from whatever monstrous designs he may have had for her for example.

I mean folks would obviously be wary of them but not afraid since we'd all share the common frailties of humankind. I've allways felt as if the classic monsters (vampires, werwolves, golems & zombies) were real that their classic weaknesses make them fodder for humanity anyways. With these added issues they'd be no more frightening than a bear in the woods...assuming you don't have your gun to stop that bear from mauling you...