Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If monsters were real?

Hybrid View

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".

If monsters were real?

Would monsters suffer from the same social, mental/neurological, phobias, and developmental problems that humans do?
    Like would there be ADHD vampires?
    Down syndrome werewolves?
    Mummy's with anxiety attacks?
    Zombies with social anxiety disorder?
    A Loch Ness monster that was afraid or the dark?
    Or any combination of such things.
    I'm not sure if that would make them less or more terrifying honestly.

And yes it's stupid but it was something I was wondering. A new spin on monsters IMO.

Hemophobic vampire

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Well the real ones at the blood bank are so that's a given. And you just think you are sooooooooooo funny don't you!

Aren't zombies, mummies and vampires already dead? is not like they can have any normal disease.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Aren't they Undead, meaning alive in a sense?
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Aren't they Undead, meaning alive in a sense?
    Undead implies that they're firmly in the clutches of death yet still clinging to their mortality by a very very thin thread. It manifests diffrently for the undead to:

Vampires & werewolves (not undead but...) obviously are the most 'human' so they'd the most likely to be mentally & emotionally fucked up....bi polar and schizophrenic werewolves....manic depressive vampires...just fucked.

I think mummies would have alzhimers because they're ancient.

Zombies? Zombies are mindless virus carries without a conscioous thought so even if monsters were real they wouldn't be sentient anymore.

As for the rest of monsters & how society would make sense of it, please watch Rosario + Vampire for reference.

What about a Diabetic Vampire, Warewolves with asthma or Anorexic Gollem?

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

Quote Originally Posted by eltoroguaco View Post
    Diabetic Vampire?
    As a diabetic myself, I just find the implications of a diabetic vampire hilarious. Would he accuse unhealthy people of having blood like donut glaze? Would he just suck the insulin straight out of people's pancreases?...

I think the best vampire movies are really ones where the vampirism is treated as the affliction in itself, through, really. Case in point; Chronos or Thirst.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Would monsters suffer from the same social, mental/neurological, phobias, and developmental problems that humans do?
    Like would there be ADHD vampires?
    Down syndrome werewolves?
    Mummy's with anxiety attacks?
    Zombies with social anxiety disorder?
    A Loch Ness monster that was afraid or the dark?
    Just playing off some things that Psy mentioned:

For diseases like down syndrome and other mental disorders, it'd seem that monsters that had once been human but were transformed (like vampires) would still have this mental "retardation". I don't think being tranformed into a monsters would "correct" their genes. I think any animal monster (like the Loch Ness monster) could also be mentally challenged since there are things like Down Syndrome present in existing animals and since these disorders are just mutations in genetics.

Then, there are fears (Loch Ness being afraid of the dark). I think most every monster, excluding the zombies and possibly the mummies, could suffer from fears considering that anything with the slightest emotion or thought has fears (e.g. dogs fearing lightening)

haha a zombie with a social anxiety disorder that's hilarious