Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Traps & Reverse Traps

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Cool story. People are offended by a word. Get over it. It's a word.

Dluzions didn't make this thread because he wanted to have a debate. He was asking for recommendations on trap characters in anime/manga, not a conversation on how bad the word trap is. I don't think I've heard anyone use "trap" as a way to describe a real person, and last I checked, the fictional transgendered don't have feelings because they aren't real.

Anyway, some trap characters in anime/manga:

Hideyoshi from Baka to Test, Yukimura from Haganai, Himegoto has a tonne of traps, Daruku from Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin, Ruka from Steins;Gate, a few in Maria/Holic, Chrno Crusade has one, Jun Watarase from Happiness, Mayo Chiki and Infinite Stratos have reverse traps, and Kuragehime is probably one of the best quality trap anime.

Thank you I've heard about Hideyoshi from Baka to Test but haven't watched it yet >.< Himegoto! Already watched Steins Gate, Mayo Chiki and IS(not S2 though). Gonna add the rest to my watch list.

Thanks!
    Miaaam...

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post
    Please see kodos's quote below before vomiting nonsense like words don't hurt people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos
    The term 'trap' is dehumanizing and reinforces the sort of stereotypes about transpeople and transvestites that leads to real world oppression and violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post
    are you the kind of person who thinks black people should just "get over slavery because it was ages ago"

No, I'm the kind of person who dislikes it when people derail threads about recommendations into moral debates.

Listen, if you go anywhere and start spouting nonsense you're gonna get called out on it

oh come on, I come back here for the first time in literal years and the first thing I see is someone using words that literally get people like me murdered. Thinking of a trans person as a 'trap' literally gets us killed, and literally gets our killers out of jail time. Google "trans panic defence" and count the names. "Trans panic", by the way, or "this person ~trapped~ me into having sex with them by ~tricking~ me into thinking they were a man/woman" is an actual legal defence that our murderers use. "Trap" is a term that murderers use to describe the women* that they killed, to justify that killing.

*it is overwhelmingly, overwhelmingly trans women of colour that get killed.

And you know, I bet you didn't know that, I bet OP didn't know that, because people generally don't know this stuff. So instead of climbing onto some "anti PC" moral high ground that's made out of the bodies of my trans sisters and siblings, just apologise. Know better next time.

P.S hi guys

hi

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Hey Zi, s'been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by zizi View Post
    And you know, I bet you didn't know that, I bet OP didn't know that, because people generally don't know this stuff. So instead of climbing onto some "anti PC" moral high ground that's made out of the bodies of my trans sisters and siblings, just apologise. Know better next time.
    The term "trap" though is specifically used to identify a crossdressing character in an anime. I looked up "trans panic defence" and read that article and nowhere did I see a transgendered person ever specifically called a "trap". I understand your point completely, and I am sorry if I offended you, but this is the anime and manga section, and the op simply asked for a recommendation. No one gave him any recommendations. Making a thread in the general discussion section instead of discussing it here would've been a better idea. I have nothing against transgendered people, or any people, but I don't like it when someone asks for an anime recommendation and is ridiculed and then not even given a single recommendation. The least people could've done is gave him some anime to watch before they started debating.