Thread: Comic Workshop Coming on 3DS

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar

Comic Workshop Coming on 3DS

It's a comic creation "game". Some features:

- There's pre-made templates but you can make your own.
    - Includes tones and stamps
    - Speech bubbles available
    - Seems like it has a simple layer system; one is the "hidden" sketch layer and then the "displayed" inked layer
    - Color or black and white available
    - Text tool
    - Can import photos (I assume from camera?)
    - 896x896 px max size
    - You can save up to 6400 pages in the cartridge but you can also save into your SD card
    - You can share your work via Nintendo's Image Share - goes to Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr

More info at their official site here. Pics from their site:

I saw this show up last year and I'm quite surprised (in a good way) to see it make it over. I didn't think it would ever be localized. Price is $7.99 coming out July 17th. I'll give it a try and give a review once I get it. FYI - in case this tickles your fancy like mine.

That's so bizarre. I hope they can port this to Wii U where it would be feasible to use the gamepad for drawing.

WiiU would be cool yeah, so I can draw in the middle of playing Mario Kart 8 >_>

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Having a larger screen would definitely be better! Not sure if this company will ever be making a Wii U version but who can say?

Anywhooo - the company announced on twitter that they're also localizing their painting program; Painting Workshop (JP - no english language page yet); too at a later date. From the looks of this image, it looks like it'll have a simple layer system which Art Academy lacks.

Is it Art Academy .