Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Consolevania: Harmony of Repair

As much as I 'really' want to play night trap and desert bus, the model 1 version is, like, £80 = $134 at best...

Yeah, I'll wait on that one.

have an snes, sega genesis, and atari jaguar >_>

There is at least one compelling reason to buy a mega-cd, but you would need to be a madman or a complete idiot to shell out the kind of inflated prices involved in acquiring a copy.

Unfortunately, I fit both those categories.

Cake; Atari Jaguar? Where did you learn how to fly!?

Gaff; I've seen an LP on it, and yes, it looked insanely rad. I also want to play Silpheed.

Maybe I should just bite the bullet some time and buy a broken one to fix...

Then again, the last time I used one IRL was when I accidentally deleted my friend's entire Sonic CD savegame as a kid. :P
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-04-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Ah yeah, I've heard good things about Slipheed, but I've never actually played it. Didn't realise the prices were so high for the system though... I guess there must just be fewer of them about than the regular MDs.

I have; NES, SNES, 3XN64, Gamecube, wii, Famicom, Super Famicom, game boy, game boy advance SP/Normal, DS, 3DS, 2X Sega Genesis, Mega CD, dreamcast, game gear, Atari 2600 3 different models, Atari 7800, Turbografx, PS1 Slim, PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360 and I dunno what else.

Just bought some fancy screw bits for repairing some old gameboys and things... And they don't fit at all! Thanks, nintendo. -_-

@Gaff; Yup. Alrough, that said, a copy of Chrono Trigger alone costs just as much... Basically why I never bought a SNES, really. The console itself is only the first hurdle. I'd rather wait until the deals come to me. Especially since hype is not always correct (Whoever keeps saying that shoddy neo geo sonic game is better than the game gear ones, I'm looking at you).

@Tetsu; Hell of a collection you've got there. You should really try the Master System and the Saturn if you haven't already, through. Totally undeserving of their bad rep. Panzer Dragoon & Assault Suits Leynos, ftw. Which are your actual favorites?
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-06-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Yo Reg, yeah I have what we call a passion for hunting for reaaaaally cheap prices for consoles. The most I've ever spent for a console was 120 and it was for the GBA back then. So the reason I dont have the saturn and master systemis that I havent found em cheap enough yet. Found a cheap master system once but I couldnt buy it at that time...So sad. I could get one for 89 but thats pricey.

My favorite consoles are;

PS2: I have over 70 games, it's the console of my high school, which made me feel happy when I came back from school.

SNES: Childhood console, I only have about ten, fifteen games on it. I had alot of fun with all the mario and DK games. Recently I got FFVI complete for very cheap.

N64: Just..Wow. I loved the rare games.

And for fourth...I'll go with dreamcast. Just for Jet grind. I LOVE jet grind/set radio.

My favorite games evar are Dark Cloud 2 and Jet set radio 1/2. I can always come back and play.

For more old school games I'd say Sonic 2, mario rpg and DK2

Prolly forgot lotsa thangs, but Dark Cloud 2 is definitly my favorite gaming experience, and I've played alot of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
    SPOILER! :
    So jealous ; _ ;

While I'm here; One thing I absolutely cannot stand about game shops is when they display retro stuff that they have absolutely no intention of selling in-store... Well, gee, thanks, now we both have to pay postage costs to get crap off of ebay, and deal with cutthroat customers/sellers that we will never see and hear from again.

I'm serious. I know of like, three or four stores now with this massive pile of cool consoles that they completely refuse to sell, and this tatty little bucket of old sports games that they actually do. It's like trying to buy a classic Porsche, but all the store actually sells up front is rusty old bicycles.

Y u do dis? Y u be wrong in brain?

@Tetsu; Never played Dark Cloud 2 (or 1), but I do still have a PS2. Guess I'll see if I can find a copy. Jet Set Radio / Future are the business, also. ;I