Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Make a Magazine

Let's Make a Magazine

Ok so this is just an idea I've been thinking a bout but I think it might work with the right people.

What if we created a manga/comic monthly (or bi monthly...quarterly IDC) that focuses on several different styles, articles about current events in manga/comic/anime (maybe even gaming) world?

This would be a a project where everybody who comes to the table can have creative input of course. I am only an idea man & an artist so, editors, writers, even more artists, layout, article writers...etc. would be needed.

I have a little start up money but in order to breathe real life to the project we'd all have to pool resources & I know some folks are apprehensive about that but remember that everything including the work put in and the potential profit would be shared.

Chime in if any of this is interesting to you.

If we did a .pdf rather than a real magazine, we wouldn't have to pay anything.

I'll do editing for free, but I don't think I could do a monthly strip unless I got some kind of pay for it because of school and all.

There used to be "The MT Chronicles" like 5 years ago, but it kinda died since everyone had school and life keeping them from doing it :/

that and most people are really lazy

PDFs would be awesome. I was thinking about an ezine actually...plus something in print once we get that ball rolling. My idea was to generate profit through sales as a collective. I don't have much $ for start up & that's one of the reason why I was purposing a joint effort. I do understand what it means for putting in work without pay up front & it's a slippery slope it's my hope that we can make a profit together as a collective.

I think it would be best since this is a ground up thing that I'm proposing to do it quarterly...or maybe every two months at first this way we can slide into a cohesive collective.

- - - Updated - - -

At Sutari well shit...let's resurrect that! If Rio's down that is.I know most folks are in school here but if everyone involved were to just produce one good story, article etc... I don't think quarterly of every two months would be an issue. I've seen some of yous dudes work & I know that it's very very possible.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm fine with it. It's something I've mulled over before but never done because I'm just too damn busy but if you guys want to take the time to resurrect it, then by all means - go ahead!

On another note, if you're serious about publishing and making money, then there are lots of alternatives these days. For example, there's MagCloud for print mags and then Amazon's Kindle Publishing program if you want to go the eBook (or eMag?) route.

Cool! I've finished all my projects but one so I do have time to make sure it happens. I just need willing people who want to get involved.

I think I'd actually be interested in helping with this. I think it'd be awesome!

I remember the old one we tried to do. It was really really awesome when people had the time to commit!
    Maybe stuffs to be made for deviants soon
    http://trnal.deviantart.com

Well I'm certainly trying to make it happen if more folks are willing. How can you contribute? Art? Writing? Editing? What was the last one like anyways?

I would be interested in doing a comic for it or something >_>

Well that's two artists & an editor so far? Writers?

I figure that we'd need about 4 good comics, some articles & some reviews to make it work.

Are there any examples of the original MT Chronicles still out there?
    Last edited by Black_Shaggie; 10-03-2012 at 02:03 PM.