Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Let's Make a Magazine

I checked it and I can't see any messages, (either that or I can't understand how this new website works)

edit: also sorry for the late respond, I assume you're asleep already in that country so I didn't keep refreshing the page, also I was busy watching magi
    Last edited by ram; 12-03-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Glad you guys are getting involved! I want yous to do your best so take your time & hammer out all the details. Are you gonna do 360s (turnarounds) of the characters 'cuz I wanna see 'em : )

I don't think so, since we're making a one-shot 12 pages, it'll be a pain in the bottox to do something like that.

Gonna work on a 4 pages comic strip, so if this work for this, let me know (also, I haven't started, but I just got the idea, so let see what happens).

That's cool Clock. I wanna do this so folks here at MT can have fun putting something out so, just work it out man. I'm doing the same. Again, I my plan is to get something ready to go by March, but if everybody's not ready its cool too. I want everybody involved to have fun so I'm not gonna get OCD about deadlines.

@ Ram: If you think its a pain then don't do it. It's just part of my own creation process. I do the turnarounds, a 'story bible' (you know, char bios, details on the setting, important plot threads, etc,.). It helps me sort out everything before I get to story boards & pencils. It's a good way for me to know EXACTLY how my chars are supposed to look (for consistency) & what the is going on frame for frame, so there'e no second guessing. I've started doing this for everything lately. But do your thing RAM I was just suggesting.

Actually I feel that it would make a 12 pager better than just a one shot & you could continue the story because you have the elements all mapped out for you story---even if it is a one shot it keeps every thing consistent & I'd wager it would make the whole thing flow better. (imo) ^_^

Again folks, time isn't an issue. If nobody's ready in March, Ima put out what I do have & yous guys can catch up in later issues.

I'm totally okay with doing something longer than 12 pages, but then I have to consider Ram's workload. Writing, say, 36 comic pages doesn't take more than a couple days for me, but it takes a heck of a lot longer to draw and tone and ink that much.

Ram, I'll have everything to you by Friday night (Eastern US/Canada time). I'm already about 85% done, but I have a ton of homework to do on Thursday, so I'm giving myself that day off.

Well-- I don't ink a lot, as you can notice in my manga, I hate ink and just do lots of tones.
    Also finish the character descriptions first so I can do the character designing, do it asap and send it to me!

Okay guys, the holidays are upon us, & everybody's busy with holiday stuff. Some of yous are more than likely still doing school stuff too. As always, please take your time on what you plan on putting in the mag.

Having said that, I'd like to see what kind of ideas everyone has. If you can, PM me with a synopsis, outline or story boards if you have them. It would be nice to see some examples of what you're working on too. Nothing super polished. Just rough character/ back ground sketches. If you're wanting to write a review or article let me know what you're going to write about. If you're planning on editing, PM me so we can talk about layout.

Like I said before, do what you like but keep it PG13.

Don't sweat deadlines right now, but show let me see your ideas & how you're approaching your part of the project. Someone may be able to help you make it better.

Have a great holiday!!

Hi there! I'm new here but I would love to help out in any way I can preferably drawing a short manga for the magazine if possible, and lastly writing lol I do love writing but really want to try at challenging myself and finally putting what I have cultivated so far into some use if I can. I'm nyx! Glad to be a part of MT! please let me know what I can do?

Hey folks, I've been working on some things since I last posted. I WAS gonna do the 1st issue with my story....but it's only 12 pages long & I flat out suck at writting articles & reviews. I mean, if anybody who said they were interested before the new year has anything (maybe a few pages of a story?), I'll go ahead & get a place set up to use for the zine.

If not, I'm gonna keep working on my manga until I have like 24-30 pages then try to get things cracking.

Please tell me someone has something to work with....