Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Let's Make a Magazine

^ My situation is similar. I'll be super-busy from now till Christmas, then my entire workload will drop by about 75% and I'll be able to help out and draw and write and generally do a ton of magazine-related stuff.

(Thailand! Nice!)

So...I totally understand that a lot of yous guys interested in doing this have school obligations & what not. Actually I have work & freelance obligations that I'm working around too. I've already started working on some stuff though. I've done this sort of thing before when I was younger with some degree of local success. So let's just say if you want to do something...just take your time & let me know when you have it and we can take from there.

I dunno for sure when I'll get up & running. I'm shooting for march though.

I won't be able to do anything for this month. Any artistic stuff I do is in the realm of really stuffy, boring stuff for art class, and barely anyone has the time or patience to read plain text stories online. Late December, I'll be able to do a manga.

I can dig it. No rush at all man. Ima keep working on it & you can get in where you fit in laters.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    ^ My situation is similar. I'll be super-busy from now till Christmas, then my entire workload will drop by about 75% and I'll be able to help out and draw and write and generally do a ton of magazine-related stuff.

(Thailand! Nice!)
    Yeah, I'll be gone through the first week of next year, so if you try to get ahold of me (or anyone else, for that matter), and it takes forever or I don't respond at all, it's because my Internet access is limited!

When I come back, I can probably help out with compilation, page design, or just proofreading. Whatever anyone needs, really; I don't have a particular thing that I'm dying to do, but I would like to help wherever it's needed. (:

Right to left manga wouldn't do, would it?
    Also what the size of this Magazine?

I'd like to contribute but I need to partner with a writer since I can't really think of a story that is only 12 pages, I can but it won't be one-shot

I have time to write, Ram, if you have time to draw.

All good stuff. In regards to story size, I chose 12 or so pages because I originally wanted to feature 3 stories. Since we don't have that many now, whatever you'd like as far as pages is cool. I mean, setting your manga into two or three parts might be a good idea though.

Basically, there aren't too many restrictions here...errr keep it around the PG13 mark though. I was working on a fantasy shonen (chibi style)...but I just stumbled onto a suspense/ thriller idea that I like better.

Just remember...and this is only a projected date...I plan on having things (whatever I got then) ready by the middle of March. If that's too short of a time frame, no worries. I know folks have other stuff going on & this is supposed to be fun so take your time & have fun.

Once we DO have enough for a good body of work & start laying out the math, everyone's gonna have to legally protect their stuff. If you don't know what you need to do in that regard I'll show you guys a fairly cheap ways to protect your work though.

Thanks guys & keep doin what you're doin! We'll sort it all out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I have time to write, Ram, if you have time to draw.
    Ok, cool Matt, where should we contact?
    knowing you, you probably made a script already--
    let me take a look at it

Until Saturday, we can talk via MT PM. After that, I'm gonna have Internet at home, so we can move to Skype or AIM or whatever you prefer.

And yes, I do have a few scripts, but I have some questions first. Check your messages.