Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Let's Make a Magazine

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Why not just go and do it? Get your stuff in by November 30th to Shaggie, it'll be put together, edited and then published by December 15th. How about that? Just in time for the holidays.

What she said.
    I'm working on a silly chibi story right now. The shonen I was gong to is a bit too "hardcore" imo. So, yeah if anybody wants to put something...I'll do something...the let's do it. I was originally asking for 12 pages...but contribute whatever you want. I'll sort it out & make sure it has continuity.
    Last edited by Black_Shaggie; 11-12-2012 at 01:26 PM.

This'll be a challenge, but I think I can manage it. I'll have my comic in by the 30th.

Sorry I never got back to you on your story, Shaggie. Way too much schoolwork. If you're still interested in writing it, I'll set some more time aside for it.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I believe in the magazine! You can do itttt! c:

Thanks guys! Like I said any help is appreciated. Just get me the stuff (anything...manga, articles, reviews shit---a short story if yous want) by the 30th & I'll start putting it together. If this is too short of time frame let me know & we can do it on the 1st of JAN/13...a new year's 1st ed might be cool...

So far, I'm like 6 pages in my chibi manga (real screentones are bitch...) I'm shoot for 12, so if anybody wants to submit some art please gimme at least 8 pages & do the story in "episodes" (with 4 parts for each episode. Confusing? I'll break it down later).

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Shaggie View Post
    Thanks guys! Like I said any help is appreciated. Just get me the stuff (anything...manga, articles, reviews shit---a short story if yous want) by the 30th & I'll start putting it together. If this is too short of time frame let me know & we can do it on the 1st of JAN/13...a new year's 1st ed might be cool...

So far, I'm like 6 pages in my chibi manga (real screentones are bitch...) I'm shoot for 12, so if anybody wants to submit some art please gimme at least 8 pages & do the story in "episodes" (with 4 parts for each episode. Confusing? I'll break it down later).
    o-o... please do "break it down". Also I do have a manga id love to submit but i cant guarantee ill have it done by the deadline. But Im super willing to do ANY cover art/ sub-images for the magazine. Anything..just let me know and i'm your man.

I would help more, but I'm really busy with these last few weeks of school.

why'd u change the date to earlier 30th is 2 soon

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Shaggie View Post

It's however you guys want to do it. Rio suggested to have submissions in by the 30th of NOV for me to get it ready by 15th or 20 of DEC. I kinda like that idea. But the alternative would be what I posted above. I can give you dudes until DEC15 & we put it out on new years...

@Fox: I figured as much. Most of you guys are in school & that type of commitment is impossible. But can you have stuff ready for the new schedule? if this is a problem for you guys maybe you all do your stuff through the holiday break & we ready later in JAN. I'm really shooting for new years but I understand.

@NWAP: dude I seen your stuff in the PIMP MY ART THREAD so you can do my cover if you want. As far as format's concerned...
    Think about your manga (or comic IDC) as if each book (the story you're putting the in the zine ) & that book has four chapters:

1) Beginning, a prelude or wtf ever. This is just the part of the book that you START to intro characters, locale & start your plot thread. I feel that manga and comics are written from the protagonists perspective...so I wouldn't recommend intro everybody at once. But basically set up your plot and intro main char here.

2)Conflict. You know...protagonist meets antagonist because (for example) the antagonist stole his rice cakes. The plot starts to unfold at this point. You reveal more about characters & the surrounding world.

3) Struggle. The action (or intensely dramatic dialogue) is here. This is the meat & potatoes of your story...but only for this episode. Reveal more about chars & why they'r doing what they do.

4)Conclusion. The end of that episode. Recap or set up the next episode or do a flashback to events that reveal even more about the ongoing story.

Of course, with a format like this, you can see why I originally wanted more pages. You have to divide the pages you have by the 4 chapters. So if you had 12 pages total that's like 3 pages per chapter. Go less it gets worse.

I'm working on mine now so I'll try (& I mean this) to show you guys where I'm and how i'm doing it next monday. But remember, this for fun so don't a scared about formatting and stuff.

Any articles and reviews can run like 1-2 pages each unless...you got more filler for us.

That's about the gist of it though.

Shaggie: Well, that's the issue! Although school won't be too awful when the week ends (since everything seems to be due this week instead of finals week...?), I'm leaving for Thailand on the 13th and will be gone for 20-something days. But I may be able to help later in 2013, especially if you need someone to do page design and stuff, since that's part of my job here at the office.