Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Let's Make a Magazine

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I'd be willing to jump in on this as an artist.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

101 Dalmations Member Prince of Angels's Avatar
    If things are still going about on this I'll be willing to help too. As whatever you need me for. Preferably Artist, but I'll do anything, really.
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

I can contribute as an artist but i wont commit anything at this point, hehe

- - - Updated - - -

I can contribute as an artist but i wont commit anything at this point, hehe

No worries dude. We don't plan to have anything ready till like late JAN or early FEB so you're good. As far as contributions go, no worries there either because except for the work, alls we need is a place to sell the eZine & I got that covered...well its getting covered rather.
    What kind of manga are you wanting to do? Your work (especially your coloring) is really good. Maybe we can get you to do coloring? idk This project is gonna be fun & give folks a chance to actually make a manga & display our skills so you can contribute anyway you want.

I'd love to have you. IM me if you seriously wanna get on board dude.

Alright dagnabbit!

Looks like not enough people want to do this so I'm shutting it down. I might try to do something on my own. But if anyone's serious about helping (in any function) that would be cooler than a polar bear's toe nails. This magazine was an attempt at creating something that would be fun to do & give people some experience as to what it takes to publish something. I wasn't trying to do some big thing here. But like I said...if anyone still wants to help just let me know.
    Last edited by Black_Shaggie; 10-24-2012 at 08:21 AM.

wat how many people did you get

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    ^^^
    That. If anything, why not scale it down to an ashcan (using a comic book term here for those not in the know) if you don't have enough contributors?

Yeah. I could do an ash can. I was going do a PDF with donations because it still think it's a fun thing to do. I'll be honest though, I'd thought more folks would want to do this. I mean sure, making money is a prime directive but, this wasn't about any of that.It was just something to have fun with & wouldn't cost anyone anything but a small amount of time. I mean, there was only gonna be four issues a year...that's not a serious project at all, you know in fact I'd have been the person doing the most work anyways.

But I understand. Just a little disappointed is all.

Shaggie! u-u i feel your pain. I've been on MT for quite a while now, and just a few years back, something like this would have thrived. But in the past couple of years there seems to just be a downward spiraling trend of commitment issues with the MT'ers (when there's really not much to commit to). I've been in your position a few times. Don't give up! MT goes through phases. Just when you think this thread is dead some new guy will post, "aw man! I really wanted to do this!"

And with that being said... Im totally down for this! Ill do anything, but I would prefer to draw.

(NWAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    wat how many people did you get
    lhlj

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    It seemed like there was a lot of enthusiasm. Heck, I work for a newspaper, and the people here were more enthusiastic than nearly every one of the reporters/artists I work with sometimes. I bet if you start it and show people what can really happen, people will notice that you have something going and want to help out. So what if the first edition isn't fantastic? We can always be better next time and get the word out that we're serious about what we do, and that we are always recruiting eager help.

(I handle fact-checking, spelling/style/grammar, and some layout at the paper, since we, too, are understaffed.)