Thread: Unused manga ideas?

Unused manga ideas?

this thread is for any manga ideas you came up with (no matter how lame) that you didn't use for whatever reason. Who knows maybe someone else could use them or collide ideas.I have one too.

genre: Supernatural
    Well, a psychic predicts a war between two neighbouring countries so the government naturally wants the upper hand so he starts an organization for the gifted. For people like Mayu (the psychic) with supernatural powers. The school promises to teach them to weild their powers but they don't know that they're just about to be used like pawns on a chessboard. Also to avoid suspicion Mayu is locked away and guarded so the secret does't get out. But, someone else knows everything that has happened due to her power, her power is random knowlage being randomly thrown into her mind, and its about her trying to stiop the appending war.

We had a thread identical to this awhile back. It died. I think this would be more helpful as a general idea dump and writing prompt thread than just an old idea thread.

After all, we abandon old ideas for good reasons.

1. A legendary hero of prophecy defeats an emperor and takes his place. Then the hero finds out that everything the old emperor did was right and the hero's perception was warped by self-importance. Now he has to stop everything from collapsing.

2. Aliens invade Earth. They're less than a centimeter square, and they decide there's no way they're going to take the planet from the humans. So they enslave mosquitoes.

3. Someone creates a machine that can pretty much make any dream a reality. That someone dreams that all humans turn into sentient cats. So all humans turn into sentient cats.

"Hi! I'm New" Member
    The one manga idea that I've had spinning through my head recently is a shonen manga about a guy that is cursed. It's basically a Pinocchio type thing. Guys been cursed to be a puppet and has to fight his way to undo his curse. Curse is called Curse of the Puppeteer. Also what he uses to fight with. Strings that he can control come out of his body to fight his opponents.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Normally I'd yell at you for reviving a 2 year old thread like some manner of grim and grisly necromancer, but this segment of the forums is basically slow moving so as a general rule I don't care about thread necromancy unless it's really egregious or unjustifiable.

Also - wouldn't that basically just be Chucky only if Chuckie wasn't a villain? And shounen.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

could other people control him if they grabbed his strings

"Hi! I'm New" Member
    Actually I was thinking of them as more of a retractable weapon that he can deploy when he needs to.

101 Dalmations Member
    well i have an idea about some guy who completed his college aims to travel throughout the world with an aim to become a legend in one way or another . He starts learning different thing continuously throughout his whole journey whether fighting, teaching, cooking , culture etc (anything u can add). Manga may have a supernatural or Psychic powers and stuff to make it more epic.. bla bla bla ,,,,,...but I dont know how to make an end

i was thinking of it as GINTAMA like manga
    Last edited by arsland; 08-01-2014 at 02:58 AM.