Thread: Tetsu's art: 3D and more coming.

Tetsu's art: 3D and more coming.

Here I will post my completed stuffs, I will start with 3D stuff since that's what I've been doing lately, I'll start with a 3d character...Unposable:

Here's the turntable:

Sculpt:

Screenshot since the eyes are doing weird crap

I will post more 3D soon :]

And of course I'm still learning :0 Same goes with drawing :I
    Last edited by Tetsu Yawl; 05-10-2014 at 09:52 PM.

AND...Here's a few objects. I'll throw in the final scene sometime when I wont be procastinating to fix some things in the scene.

Woo

Dude, whoa...

Tetsu I'm so proud of you, you have improved so much since the older days of MT ;_ ;

Having dabbled in 3D modeling, I can only really say how in awe of your sculpting and texturing skills I am. *_*

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Seriously, those textures are INCREDIBLEEEEE. What program do you use? Also, do you have any tips or tutorials your recommend for beginner sculptors? I have tried to dabble a bit in 3D for some short personal projects, but I always get really confused and disoriented in the workspace. </3
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet
    Only a divine force could have brought Seefy back to us.

Something is afoot.

oHH I had important questions to answer...Well I'll do that now! Sorry CF D:

Renzo: :0 You can do it too trust me. 3D is just a buncha learnin'

Slurpee: I wished I had improved drawing as much as I did with 3D ahah thank you ;u;

Reg: Thanks tons 8D I must say there's a lot of technical things to know, which is why I'm in college/uni learning that.

CF: I'll answer your question; I use a mix of Zbrush, 3ds max and photoshop. I was limited in time when I made the character and the textures are a mix bag of projection and photoshop correction. For simulating small details such as the gloves, I used what we call normal map. It's a map that records high detailed surfaces and can be simulated on a lower polygon model such as this one. Zbrush is for sculpting, but not for modelling, so you need a software like 3ds max to deal with the polygons. And thats where it gets really technical. As a beginner you can start only using Zbrush or Sculptrix. Zbrush's interface is a total mess so take some time to really learn it. I suggest the books;

http://www.amazon.ca/ZBrush-Digital-...ulpting+zbrush

and

http://www.amazon.ca/ZBrush-Characte...er+book+zbrush

For the objects it's good old modelling with polygons and maps done in photoshop :] The shopping cart took some time to make with all it's wires. Thats where drawing is cool. You dont have to make everything from every angle lol.

For modelling theres this, it's not bad;

http://www.amazon.ca/3ds-Max-Modelin...+games+3DS+MAX

Theres a buncha other books but hey. You absolutly NEED tutorials for 3D. Otherwise trial and error will take forever.

And yeah don't let the interface scare you. It's a long road but a fun one to learn all that shizzle.

The detail's incredible! Keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!