Thread: congrats matt

congrats matt

matt finished college today guys let's all give him a few cheers

Congrats, Matt!! Good luck with true adulthood!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Well done, Matt, welcome to adulthood. It sucks, you're gonna hate it.

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    Congrats! Now find a shitty job, and hopefully you'll have time while doing your shitty job to find one that's not so shitty so you can pay off those student loans without starving.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    He beat me! BUT SOOOOOOOONNNNN /shakes fist

Hopefully he remembers us when he's all famoose and stuff. *^*

Thanks guys. I'm going out to follow up to an application at a local bookstore today, so if I ever do become famous, it's going to happen slowly. Meanwhile, I'm gonna keep working on art and writing

Also, Seefy, I graduated with a lot of my high school upperclassmen. So I suppose I did the same thing in college that you did in high school. Except I'm willing to bet you graduated high school early because of raw intelligence, whereas I graduated college quickly because I managed to secure a scholarship that covered finances for a two-year degree.

So Pajamajam, that means no working shitty jobs to pay off student loans, fortunately for me. I have both the time and money to find a good one (and by "money" I mean a $5 balance in my savings, because merely not being in debt puts me in a better position than many of my classmates).

-

In the long-term, I want to make a career out of either writing or drawing or both, and then go into teaching after I've had a few decades of experience in that. I think it's best if students learn from someone with experience in the field they're interested in. To get there, I'll practice while working for a living at the bookstore and build up from there.

does anyone have $5 I can borrow

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Matt does.

Actually, I chose to go to high school for all four years, so I didn't get out earlier than the people in my class. My elementary, middle, and university educations were all expedited, though! I think you'd be a good teacher, though. Sounds like a lot of fun. I can totally imagine you being like Brandon Sanderson or something like that—UGH, a class with him would be so great!