Thread: About Inking Solidly

About Inking Solidly

I had low marks one my work assignment ( a inked art) and I ask on why I get low marks in it then my lecturer told me that my inking is not solid.I asked on how i can make it solid and showed me on how its done by inking on one directions only.
    Okay I can understand that but the problem is how can I avoid the stroke line on the paper ? Whenever I do that technique I ended up leaving a few strokes in it.
    My lecturer wanted really solid so that you won't see some stroke line (like a poster) but I felt so impossible to do that.
    how can I Avoid the line strokes properly ?

Do you mean not solid as in not up to scratch or not solid as in that the things you draw lacks volume? I'm sorry, and it might just be that I'm a bit tired but I can't make sense of what you're really asking here. Solid, no stroke line, are you supposed to draw chiaroscuro or what?

Also if possible it may be worth posting up an example

are you having problems with fuzzy ink lines? If that's your problem then maybe you're just drawing with your fingers. Try involving your wrist and arms to make longer sweeping strokes. It won't be accurate the first time but if you do it all night, tomorrow you'll be fine.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rubisko View Post
    Do you mean not solid as in not up to scratch or not solid as in that the things you draw lacks volume? I'm sorry, and it might just be that I'm a bit tired but I can't make sense of what you're really asking here. Solid, no stroke line, are you supposed to draw chiaroscuro or what?
    Im sry for the confusion.I mean its TOTALLY black (No lines,no white spot)
    Btw Im using ink pen and marker pen to darken the area.

Ok, I've actually done a lot of the thing you describe. The best way, at least in my opinion, to get better at this is to start out by using good reference, that is an object that's sharply lit by a single source. It's simple in theory, but it took me some practice to really get it. Well' I can't say that I really get it, but at least I've been able to use it with somewhat good results =) Drawing without lines are really not harder than drawing with lines, but I think it feels unnatural to most, did to me. Funny thing, since noting in real life have defined outlines
    Last edited by Rubisko; 10-09-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    I think I get what your instructer is saying, is that you need to ink with confidence. This is especially true when using brush pens. Fluid strokes are a must, no sketchy lines.

So really, bold, fluid lines. Don't worry about messing up--- that's what white out is for. xD

Oh yeah, it would be extremely helpful if you could post the picture in question.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)