Thread: The White Dawn

Teen Member

The White Dawn

Hey guys, decided to do some practical practice on art + story telling by putting together a comic/manga. It is set in the DC comic universe so I can easily get plenty of reference art. Just so you all know, I do not claim to be a DC expert. So, while I do apologies for any continuity mistakes, they are unintentional and I don't believe they matter in the slightest.

I'll be posting my panels here one by one as I get them finished. The early postings will most likely all be in black and white as I am still collecting the necessary supplies to start coloring. I hope you guys enjoy, and as always I always appreciate PMs with helpful tips and/or tricks.

So, Without further adieu. Here is the Cover and 1st panel of "THE WHITE DAWN".

panle 1.jpg

A panel at a time is going to make it awfully hard to read the comic D:

Teen Member
    ya, I guess I should wait till I have some more material to post together.

At least a page at a time is what you need to try to do. That way, also, you can change up panels if you need to before posting any. And, could we get some sort of summary about White Dawn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Teen Member
    Ya, sure here it is.

I'm creating a Single White Lantern. He is given instruction by the previous owner of the ring who had placed his life force dormant in the ring for the 1000s of years. The ring gives him alot of power, but there is one rule. He is not permitted to interfere with the natural order of the universe. So he goes around doing good deeds, protecting the innocent, meeting some familiar faces, ect... Until some one very close to him dies from cancer at a very young age. He uses the power of the white ring to restore there life. Restoring life, especially from a natural death, is very against the rules. And in doing so he inadvertently creates a Black Ring (a Ring of Death). Giving him his main bad guy, who just happens to be the person he was so intent on saving.