Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro Grocery Shopping

Monster

It is also usefull to see what day you go shopping. On monday and saterday are there more people since the most shops are closed on sunday. I like to go shopping on tuesday unless i can go on monday at a absolute abnormal hour.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I think some of this also falls under regional differences as well. For example most grocery stores around California are open 7 days a week and a majority of them are open 24hrs a day.
    For me I have to do as everyone else has said but because of food stamps and welfare I have to also pay attention to the time of the month when I go shopping. The first week of the month no matter what time or what day is going to be busy and there will be lines at every available register. This isint to say that I hate food stamps or even welfare because I don't ( we used to be on food stamps when I was a kid and we'd go shopping at midnight even if it was a school night and I loved it).

I know not everyone believes me about palm reading but I always look for any cashier with short fingers. Short fingers are impatient people so they like to get shit done and keep on moving from there. They rarely want to chat and find out "oh I see these ingredients what are WE making? Hmm * giggle*" it works 90% of the time for me.

Smile, say hello to the cashier, comment on how busy it is in the store or how hard it must be to have to deal with people or anything to get the cashier on your side. Seems stupid but you can make someone's day by doing this and you never know when your smile gestures of kindness will be rewarded (I have been at the grocery store and one of the cashiers I always go through was closing her line but let me in after she had already rang up what was supposed to be her last customer. Other times I will have a cashier tell me they are going to open up another register and to head that way if I want to avoid the lines.)

Above all else try to go when you aren't in a rush. It's no one else's fault that you are in a rush. You are late for work and the lines are making you even later? How's that my problem or the stores? I let people cut all the time because patience is a virtue . . . And honestly I have shit else to do.

Other things not to do: don't leave your cart unattended in the aisle and walk 20ft away to grab something ESPECIALLY IF THERE IS A CHILD IN IT!!!! Or your purse!!
    Don't turn your cart to the side and block traffic while you compare prices of corn ( or anything else).
    Don't run into people and act like nothing happened. At least say your cart has a bum wheel and you are sorry.
    If some one is in your way say "excuse me" at an audible level. Don't stand there acting like you own the store and this pleb should know how to read minds. And don't shove your way in there invading peoples personal bubbles because that will get you jumped.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Don't fucking stand in the middle of the aisles talking to your group of friends.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I know that at my commissary, the price are raised on pay day. Just something to watch out for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJorgie View Post
    I know that at my commissary, the price are raised on pay day. Just something to watch out for.
    The commissary is cheaper than off-post grocery stores in some areas, but it's definitely worth checking out the stores in town before getting everything at the commissary. Depending on the area, the price difference can be huge on most things.

Also, the baggers at the commissary get really butthurt when they find out that they don't get a tip from you because you're walking and they can't take your shit to your car.

I would too, if I were paid $2/hour and had to work 10-12 hour shifts. Yes, that's what being a commissary bagger is like, I know from experience.

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    I know that part, but I used to make it a point to tell them we were walking and even volunteered to bag the groceries myself. I get that the commissary pays shit, but that's not going to make me magically have a car for them to take stuff to. I usually stuck a dollar or so in the tip thingy on the register, which is more than I saw most people do.

Go shopping when there's a national sports event. Virtually noone sets foot outside here now during a World Cup match.

Order your shit online guys, way easier.