Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro Grocery Shopping

Pro Grocery Shopping

So one of the weirdest parts about becoming an adult for me was grocery shopping. Let's discuss grocery shopping techniques for the most efficient and productive shopping trips.

First subject - when to go?

So I've gone shopping at different times of the day and I've got some opinions on all of them. Let's start from worst to best.

Daytime (About noon to 8)
    Obviously the worst. Even if there aren't an exceptional amount of old people, there are a lot of people in general. Unless the store has 8 self check-out registers, don't even bother. Chances are there will be some person just parked in front of the meat for some reason. Just looking at meat or whatever. It's going to be the same for the eggs, so when you grab your eggs go off a few feet before you check them for cracks so you're not that guy.

Late Night
    After the registers start closing, there will only be like 1 register open (and maybe not even) so while it's not ideal for doing a massive amount of shopping you will BY FAR deal with a lot less old people. You will, however, have to deal with people being really pushy about the self-checkout. If you develop a route, you'll have less of a chance of getting interrupted by a stray oldie so you can make pretty good time. Late night does have the distinct issue of the person running the self-checkout randomly disappearing when you need them to do something though.

Early Morning
    I've decided early morning is best because it has a few distinct advantages. Firstly, if you leave at the right time the roads will be clear because everyone is either at work or they haven't left for work yet. Secondly, while there are some old people, there are very few and that's all there is.They're slow enough you can plan around them, and you don't have to deal with the unpredictability of big family shoppers (who are probably worse than old people).It is kind of annoying to have to navigate through all the stockers, but its a small price to pay imo. Also there are lots of registers open and self-checkout is always empty.

Discuss

well i work at a grocery store so i just shop 4 what i need after work every day but i can agree u wanna shop early mornin. not a lot of ppl but all of them r old haha.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    the best time for me to go grocery shopping is when i have a list and I'm not hungry, because otherwise I end up living off complete junk for a week.

Yeah I always eat before I go grocery shopping. Good call taychan.

I've never been early morning but between afternoon and late night, I definitely pick late night. Less people around, the employees are restocking shelves so you get fresh stuff which I think outweighs the only one register open. The store up the street here is open 24/7 also so I can go at like 1 am if I want which is a nice option.

went grocery shopping today. i was hungry.

A big problem we have at our grocery store at night is panhandlers. It gets to the point where they're right outside the door so you can't really avoid them.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I just do stuff day by day moment by moment really. If I wanna make a meal, I'll get the materials I need any time of the day really, unless it's around holiday time, at which I'll go as early as possible. Pretty much just sums up everything in my life really, lol.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by indescribable View Post
    went grocery shopping today. i was hungry.
    What delicious treats did u buy

um. cake, lol.