Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: BV's Humble Corner (DUMP p10)

Just for posterity, I agree with Clock that the thickness of lines really makes no differance. I was talking about the overall quantity of lines, esspecially in the middle of the face.

Almost all Zetsubou Sensei artwork and fanart is a good example of thick black lines used sparsely to achive cuteness.

Exclamation

@Rubisko: Your comment was immensely helpful! I rethought about the character's concept and made it simpler. I hope he looks more stylish though since he's my main antagonist. Villains are supposed to be badass.

@Demonfyre: believe or not, your works inspired me to finish the lineart! Thanks for pointing all those out. Now I hope the pose is less awkward.

@Shadowfade: Thank you! Yes, i have to practice some more on color. I have recently scanned through coloring tutorials just like you said and I do think i need to study shading some more. I have yet to upload a colored version of this following post and hopefully color better.

@Matt: Thank you! Yes I need to draw some more girls. I will draw them later when i finish developing my more mainstream characters... Thank you for the link you gave. I saved some more photos from the gallery it was in. I have devised a strategy to copy its coloring technique and hope to apply it soon. For now, I have tweaked the my lineart style just as you suggested. I hope it's better

@Reganator: Thank you sir for that! I love it that someone has noticed the differences among my characters' looks. I do take time to research on faces and their personalities before drawing anything. I find the process enjoyable too, however it does take a lot of time so my process may be slow for other people. As for Eira, I have unfortunately deleted her psd already. I will redraw her when i have time. Thank you for pointing those out. I'll be incorporating them in my future artworks. It's good to have some mentors here in MT who are experts on comic/manga illustration. I really appreciate it especially the references.

@Clockhand: Thank you sir! I'll be sure to show more expressive characters next. Just like what you and matt said, I also re thought of my lineart and coloring method. I am now researching on techniques to make it work but for now a lineart is all i could show you! please critique when you can again. I appreciate all the help you're offering Your expert advice is incredibly helpful and thought provoking.

A lineart is all I could show for now.
    King Qayin with his pet eagle, Pew. I put it on an angle because i think it tells more about King Qayins personality

Please critique:
    1. style
    2. pose
    3. composition
    4. anything really

Thank you
    Last edited by BunnyVoid; 09-23-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: I discovered bunny emoticons
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

I love the detail you put into this and the bird looks great I do think that the neck is looking off and is really close to the chin, also at his torso you have lots of clothing folds, a lot of them seem to be a bit messy and possibly not needed so maybe a clothing study may help with that. Also I would like to point out that you should really draw a glove or something for his hand where his raptor is resting, those talons are nasty buggers and I can assure you that unless he has super strong skin he will badly damaged hands without them :L Really nice job though, looking forward to seeing more
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    Also I would like to point out that you should really draw a glove or something for his hand where his raptor is resting, those talons are nasty buggers and I can assure you that unless he has super strong skin he will badly damaged hands without them :L Really nice job though, looking forward to seeing more
    Haha that's a funny thought. I do hope he has super strong skin... lol. gloves mean... more coloring lol! haha... Thanks Demonfyre! i will study clothes some more.

REVISED! C n C this one instead thanks
    Last edited by BunnyVoid; 09-23-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: added a corrected version
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso

New Oekaki, bump my own thread just to keep things separate. tell me, asap if that's a problem/violation here. i am not sure of bumping rules in the forum, pardon.

I think i prefer cell shade naow. This only took me 40 minutes to do everything from sketch to finish. and only 3 layers. 1 layer for color, 1 bg, 1 for sketch and ink (merged together, white lines-sketch, black-ink). I finally discovered the tools which works for me in the oekaki. FINALLY!

Havel Khevah, my 2nd protagonist/ anti-hero. A.k.a nightmare/dark prince.
    Looks cute while 15. Better wait till he's 22. Watch out! "Dont make me destroy you" was inspired by darth vader.

Shi painter pro. Animation
    (}_{)
    (>.<)

Awesome! Personally I find his nose to be a little too far down his face but that is probably a personal preference, I really like his hair and eyes O_o

Pretty nice..the face is good...coloring is GREAT...the only thing that confuses me is the collar...but i can see that the emphasis is on the face, so im just nitpicking. Good one.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

@Demonfyre: thanks, you're to generous... long noses are kinda my main blunders every now and then. the angle always gets to me. hehe thanks for taking time to comment every now and then. i'll try to return the favor. hehe.
    @Gedeon: Thanks! glad you dropped by here. Collar was just an after thought. it was just impulse. hehe

New Oekaki again. I'm liking this new coloring style of mine... I must thank the guys who commented before.

Prince Havel again. I admit that i have little to no knowledge of lighting and reflective lighting. I tried but i erased it because it might ruin the rest of the work. If you can, please see the animation to see my attempt at lighting...

Shi Painter Pro Animation

Please critique, thanks
    (}_{)
    (>.<)

Ooo, I like this!! I think the ear is a little low, and the eye of the right is angled a little weirdly. No major, though

I love the red electricity coming out of his finger, it was really well drawn. With the detail you put into the face I think you could benefit by adding some more detail into the ear, however that is just my opinion keep it up