Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: BV's Humble Corner (NEEDS HELP p11)

These are all really good. I would certainly suggest testing some more exaggerated expressions to really bring out the character in your artwork though. Also your hand practice is pretty rad.

Great coloring!!! Just a couple little things I noticed:

In the fight between Havel and Satoshi: Satoshi's shoulder looks a bit dislocated because of the folds on top of his sleeve. Havel far arm looks more gimpy than foreshortened; add a line connecting and folling the line of his upper arm to distinguish betweeen it and his forearm.

On the sailor: Her thigh (on the left) gets too thin at the bottom. The two finger at her forehead aren't super well connected to the hand and are too thin compared to her other fingers.

On Cain: The arm going into the pocket's wrist is too thin.

That's all I have Great job!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Cool need help

sooo this thread has been dead for a while now... but i'm going to revive it. hehe... just so happens that i have something that i need critique on...

critique this guy... excluding expression / color selection / pose. the client happens to want it that way lol. besides that, yeah go ahead and bombard me hehehe... i want to make this look good, cause if i make it look good, client said she'll be hiring me to do more of these...

if someone could redline, that would be really awesome, thanks in advance guys.
    Last edited by BunnyVoid; 08-22-2014 at 11:36 AM.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

The knuckle of the man's ring finger should be moved down the finger some. Otherwise, it just kinda looks gimpy. Also, I think there should be a few more creases near the elbow bend in the same arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

ohhh i see what you got there jj, thanks now that i see that, i think the pinky knuckle is a bit too high too. and a bit more creases near elbow should make it look better. thanks again!
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso

thanks again jj.

so i figured that there was something wrong with the face, just cant figure it out... plus i got word from client that she wants a guy with a bit longer hair... so here goes the revision. added patterns and shading and whatever you call it. style's a bit experimental and inspired from visual novel games. you can comment on that too since i'm not really that much of a colorist.

thanks in advance guys! best wishes to everyone here.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)

Personally, I preferred it the way it was with just the flat colours, rather than shaded like that. I get the look the you're going for, but I feel it's a bit too crisp and obviously computer coloured for my liking.

I do feel his face is well executed if that's the sort of thing you're into, but I would strongly advise against that halo highlight in his hair. I don't feel it blends in at all and it just looks like a metallic crown to me.

good advice

hey gaff, really good advice you got there.

i tried to follow your suggestions to my shading technique. i tried my best to soften all the edges. well except for the eyes because i wanted them to pop out. lol. also lessened the textures. personally i think it went well so thanks!
    tell me what you think guys! thanks again.

the image i post is just part of a set. these arts are for a visual novel app btw. and they will be many more sets to come according to my client. so thanks to your suggestions, my illustration improved and impressed the client.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)

Hello B. Void ... I have some little remarks here ... did you change his expression on purpose? I can see that in (08-30-2014, 12:13 PM) and before that, he is not smiling, but it looks like he is slightly smiling...also personally I think the version of the eyes in (08-30-2014, 12:13 PM) suits him more.
    Always searching for source of inspiration...
    Nomena