Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: BV's Humble Corner (NEEDS HELP p11)

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    That was the most annoying post ever. Glad it worked out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyVoid View Post
    Also, I apologize for the annoyance that my thread had caused you.
    Don't, not your fault.
    Last edited by indescribable; 10-23-2012 at 03:36 AM.

Here is my opinion:

For the inking, I noticed that all of your lines were the same thickness. I was thinking that you could vary the line thickness and get that extra 'life' into your character without making it any different to your sketch style. From the sketch peice, I can see area's where lines stop and other times when there is 'lighter' lines. It makes it more interesting to look at because the lines are varied then just solid lines. That's all I got for now.

First I must share how your replies made me really happy today.
    I've never thought that there would be people who would actually go out of their way to help me with my arts.
    You guys are very generous. Thank you.
    I'm grateful for all these that you have written. I feel like I should be paying for all these content I'm getting. Thank you again.

Also, I apologize for the annoyance that my thread had caused you.

I won't be able to post anything yet but I have already list down notes and is reviewing all the comments which I have gotten in the past week.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Okay This is nothing special. Just bonus material for my comic http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...ial-The-Undead

Havel Khevah (main protagonist)
    Zodiac: Scorpio
    Ability: Absorb Spirit Energy. It enables him to "steal" abilities, identities, memories, and feelings. With some help from his patron, Zodiac Scorpio, he is able to look into the soul of his targets. Total absorption of spirit energy kills his target, leaving the body empty. It has a lot of side effects and baggage to carry around.
    Weapon: Scythe given by Scorpio. Occasionally owns a gun given by his master, Seth Alsius.
    Trivia: In my culture, butterflies are around when there are spirits. This is the reason why butterflies love him, because his spirit energy is always overflowing.

Please crit only the design :3 hehehe...

Here are other stuff that occupied the days while I didn't post here...

Ugly architecture and playing with photoshop effects. Took 30 to 45 minutes. Can remember exactly.

Kiriban pic. hehehe Qayin and havel drink to celebrate ;3 Dunno how long this took

Btooom Fanart. I love Ryota btw.. he's holding his timer bomb. Took 25 minutes

Shinji Ikari Fanart. I love Evangelion. Took about 5 to 8 minutes

Demonfyre's lovely eternal. Sorry i messed the eyes. hehehe that's why i shaded it. First one took 3 minutes, fulll body took 5 minutes.

Demonfyre's lovely eternal with my Eira Seolfor. I'm not good with drawing girls and I know it. hehehe ;3 Took 8 minutes

I know this is a lot hehehe just ignore those that doesnt interest you. Simple comments are always welcome. Thanks everyone. Havel won't make it without your good insight and credible opinion.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso

101 Dalmations Member Midori-Midori's Avatar
    Haha, I feel like I've already talked about some of these on Da. ^^

One thing I want to say is that for the last picture, you should try to work on their expressions. The girl with the cat ears seems to be in love(i'm assuming, considering the hearts next to her.), and the other girl is almost teasing her(sorry if i'm wrong). To me, I feel like both girls have the same expression other than the fact that one is blushing. I think that having varying expressions could give them both separate personalities.
    I don't think I'm that great at explaining but I hope you understood.

The girl with the cat ears
    GIRL WITH CAT EARS????? D:<

Ehem... nice arts Lai :P and Midori does raise a fair point to be honest, I also think the hands are still uncomfortably positioned, particularly the ones with Eternal in them, but that could be due to them being quick sketches

Tell... me do you read Gamaran?
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

@Midori Chan : Yeahhh I realize that most of my draws lack in expression hehehe :3 thanks for that :3 i'll keep that in mind :3
    @Demon Kun : Yeah I should take my time with the technical stuff. Heheh sometimes I'm just too impatient with drawings I always hurry and get lazy to do things better :3 thanks for that :3 I'm glad you let me draw eternal. She really is pretty ;3
    @Gedeon : Hehehe unfortunately no. lol :3

For now...

A work in progress with my current favorite character Ryota Sakamoto of the anime/manga BTOOOM!. He's standing atop mountain rocks and throws his powerful BTOOOM bombs at the forest below to fend off enemies. He's a really cool guy!

Many of you might be wondering why I find it easier to sketch plants. hehehehe Plants are actually what I study so I'm very familiar with them. If you look closely, you will see their scientific names :3 I really like BTOOOM because its setting is in a tropical island. I love it because I'm very familiar with the flora and fauna in the tropics :3

Sketch was made with random colored pens and pencils for Ryota's anatomy. 40 to 50 minute sketching time...
    I may need tips on anatomy and composition. lol. Will clean this up later using a lightbox.

CHIBI Qayin and Havel

I missed drawing Qayin heheh :3
    The brothers are together as chibis. Ofcourse, Havel is followed by a butterfly :3 Qayin is with his pet Pew nesting on his hair.
    2 minutes sketch each
    Last edited by BunnyVoid; 11-02-2012 at 08:36 AM.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)

Regular Member whenrabbitsattack2.0's Avatar
    Havel is sexy. I love the idea of the butterflies, since it's not a very masculine animal to associate a male character with I liked your celebration picture of the brothers partying, but one of their hands seems a little awkaward. in the techno sketch, I like the anatomy, but his hips seem a little too wide for classic male proportions.

other than that, great! I love your style
    collectin my fav quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    I wasn't aware breasts were sentient and capable of independent movement
    Quote Originally Posted by theAnimeRebel View Post
    Sheesh, you people and your superiority issues.

hi there weed-chan, thank you for liking Havel's design. He's my main protagonist in my project: "Secrets of the Zodiacs" "S.O.T.Z" for short. He also happens to be my alter-ego, a manifestation of my inner psyche. I reflect a lot of my values, beliefs, personality, and emotions on him.

I love it when somebody asks how the butterflies are associated with Havel. The explanation for the butterflies goes like this:

- In my culture presence of butterflies mean presence of spirits/souls. Havel's ability is to absorb spirit energy. Most of the time it oozes out of his body. For this reason, butterflies follow him around, attracted to his abundant spiritual energy.
    - I also chose the butterfly concept because Havel is the personification of a childs' transition into adulthood. In his story, he goes through a traumatic isolation process just like when a caterpillar creates its cocoon. In his story, he had to overcome a lot before he becomes badass. Just like when a butterfly struggles to break free of its cocoon.

Yeah i gotta work more on the hands :3 I've been studying it recently...

(}_{)
    (>.<)