Thread: Whats my next step?

I'm an Adult! Member

Whats my next step?

Akatsuki.jpg

This is my progress over the last 6 months(Akatsuki from Log Horizon, my favorite anime)

I'm currently working on my designs for my own characters for a manga I am making. I can duplicate this quality on my characters but I just want to know my next step to make them better.

Thank you guys for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Macguyevr View Post
    Akatsuki.jpg

This is my progress over the last 6 months(Akatsuki from Log Horizon, my favorite anime)

I'm currently working on my designs for my own characters for a manga I am making. I can duplicate this quality on my characters but I just want to know my next step to make them better.

Thank you guys for your help.
    Uhm, could you post lots of anatomy models with different poses? Expression & battle poses.
    I'm a beginner myself but, in my opinion i think making a manga is kinda useless if ones anatomy is bad, and with this i'm including myself because i'm horrible at it, right now.
    I think you should practice drawing your own battle scenes, you don't have to characters doing it, but simply human models.
    That's how i'm gonna train at least, my symmetry and anatomy is kinda horrible at the moment, as well as my hair technique.
    So once i turn those lose-points into win-points, i'm gonna progress to simple anatomy poses with character design.
    That includes clothes, face & hair as well, everything's for extra symmetry practice, and while i'm at it i can shape up my shading and cloth-folding abilities as well.
    My last step before i'll give a shot at a serious manga, is practice LOTS of different battle scenes, anatomy models with weird & difficult stances.
    In my opinion, you kind of become a sensei when you have the ability to draw exactly what you're imagining.

This is only my opinion buddy, if you somewhere feel that this is how you'd be effective, use the tips, if not, take notice and practice & do whatever feels best for you