Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: BV's Humble Corner (DUMP p10)

I think you've done very good on all of those! The only thing that I can see immediately is that there seems to be a bit too much texture shining through the shadowed parts of 'Keith's' wings. Less light in = less light reflected so any texture in the shadow should be very slightly visible or not visible at all. The same applies to the highlighted parts ofc, as the amount of light in swamps out small value variations as it's reflected, but you seem to have that under control already. I always look at your works as soon as I see them posted on dA btw, it's just that I'm really bad at leaving spontaneous comments

I'm just here to say I love how well you color! And Rubisko is good, so take his advice (I am correct in assuming "him?" Sorry if you're a "her!").
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

THanks Rubisko... no need to worry about the comment thing heheh it already makes me happy that you try to help me when you can... I will work on the textures thing...

Blue Dragon... its so kind of you to come by here on my thread... heheh thanks. I really appreciate it.

Alright. i'm done with the wip... i don't really know.
    i know its not perfect but i feel happy about it.
    Sometimes I'm too attached to Havel that I feel so happy whenever I see him develop on his own. I don't even try to mind if he looks ugly or pretty anymore. He's still the same with the symbolism and thoughts that i attach with him.

But Anyway I still want to develop him further... Please critique. I'm grateful for any kind of comments, even the simplest one. Thank you.

EDIT: I adjusted contrasts like Gabo said, but i dunno... may look a bit too dark.. i'm not good at stuff like this hehe OTL

Last edited by BunnyVoid; 12-05-2012 at 04:02 AM.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

I really dig the coloring. You're getting quite good at it. Just be aware of areas where it might look a bit flat and add a little more value in. I want to see you take a chance and just play with contrast a bit.

Irven has something funky going on with his right hand there. Looks like a tube that just travels up his sleeve. Should noticeably taper off where the base of the thumb and the wrist meet.

Also, this is just me nitpicking, but the characters look exactly the same barring hair and eye color. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

You're getting quite good, can't wait to see where this take you later on.

on the hand, yeah i saw it even early on with the sketch hehe.. but didn't do anything with it lol. glad you pointed it out tho :3

thank you... yeah they do really look a like... i tend to be friends on da with people who draw and create characters who look like or is very similar with my characters hehe... to the point that they all look like brothers :3 :3 :3 i feel happy that way :3 I guess similar traits attract

i hope to improve some more... thank you.. I'm bad with picking colors but has recently tried experimenting more... i recently favor bright/pastel colors because it reminds me of korean popular style

BTW i still want critique on Keith Artwork I did for soulenite.deviantart.com hehe... This was from the other page OTL
    SPOILER! :
    This one is a challenging piece in terms of color blocking

The next file is pretty big, but its easier to see spot the wrongs on colors without the texture.
    NON-TEXTURED VERSION

Please critique both Havel(and Iriven) and Keith...
    I know the pose is stiff so please exclude that heheh... I'm lazy in developing poses recently OTL I fail hehhe

Thanks for everything guys... you have helped me a lot. I still owe some improvement on anatomy but i hope some progress shows.
    Last edited by BunnyVoid; 12-05-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso

Since you asked specifically for critiques (and you should know I'm not good at these, though I try,) the only thing I really want to point out about Iriven is that to me (and I could be waaaaaaay off) he seems just ever so slightly crossed eyed. Not dramatically, just slightly. Also, I agree with Gabo about the hands. They're good, but then need a little more shaping and work--especially Havel's right hand. But they're almost there! :3
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I really like the way you draw lips! And your color choices are great!

Try looking into the anatomy of Havel's left hand. Right now it looks forward and backward at the same time, because of a lack of perpective on the palm.

I think your drawings would coem to life more if you could use fewer black lines and more shading to represent form. There are lots of little black lines in the hair, and I think your work would greatly benefit if you found solutions for making those less necessary.

Great coloring job!

His head isn't tilted, but his ears suggest so. Is that meant?

The shapes of his shoe (on the right) is really strange. His foot is either really short or really squished in their.

That's all I got, keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Regular Member whenrabbitsattack2.0's Avatar
    Havel looks really hot in that drawing with irven. just sayin' X3
    everyone's said what i noticed, so basically yay! BV drawings! :3
    collectin my fav quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    I wasn't aware breasts were sentient and capable of independent movement
    Quote Originally Posted by theAnimeRebel View Post
    Sheesh, you people and your superiority issues.

aww thanks all, i will try to think of those more often...
    thanks weed chan... i'm very thankful for your appreciation of Havel...

I'm not really expecting any comments but just posting some updates so at least you guys know i'm still alive somehow hehhe...
    All I've been drawing recently are gifts and some pieces reflecting my emotional rollercoaster in the person of my alter ego Havel...
    I must have had little to no improvement in the late... my depression has been pretty much on off during the past month (DEC-JAN). Everything's so erratic with life. I really don't understand it sometimes, especially how emotions and relationships work. Its so abstract.

GIFTS/ TRADES
    SPOILER! :
    I really should practice more anatomy but recently been busy to hit the books and go check, so all this were done without refs... many of them have errors like bone/muscle alignment, missing/extra finger bones and other major stuff like neck hips etc. I'm basically bad at anatomy, lol. Damn I wish i had more spare time.

i got the fingers wrong heheh

PERSONAL ART w/ ALTER EGO
    SPOILER! :
    Technically, I've had little to no improvement... but I have drawn a lot just because I really feel like I have to. Havel is a good companion. For an imaginary character from my dreams, he's helped me realize a lot of stuff about myself.

Following are Quick Oekakis, Estimated time spend ranges from 20 minutes to an hour

Following are sketches, Estimated time spend ranges from 5 minutes to 10 minutes

I'm bad at drawing emotions... but drawing these stuff gives me relief from those stupid emotions. Sometimes its hard to be ignorant of the stuff that builds up inside you, especially when they become nightmares which you have to face every night. But that isnt the worst thing about it... because when these dreams are over, sleep is over and then you realize that you're back in the reality that you want to escape from.

And nah... I'm not depressed. Actually, i've never felt better, thanks to some awesome friends...
    And also... don't give me life advice heheh... I'd rather hear about my progress lol...
    i'm not expecting comments or whatever but of course I will appreciate them... hehehe...
    (}_{)
    (>.<)