Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: BV's Humble Corner (NEEDS HELP p11)

thanks guys, glad you keep helping me on this. i'll try to improve on those aspects.

sometimes, when i look at my work from two years ago i feel like it was made by a totally different person...
    here's an old comic of mine which never took off. taken from an old account, which i never want to use again.

Character shot

Oekaki from ages ago

Even though i feel like I was much better at drawing before, I can't look back and just feel sorry for myself. I got to keep on drawing...

Current WIP. I'm trying to develop Qayin Kheva's Character more. His clothes keep on changing...

New quick sketches. just to get them on paper.

Havel Khevah - main protagonist

Qayin Khevah - main antagonist
    Last edited by BunnyVoid; 10-01-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: edited double posts, thanks demonfyre!
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Just for future, try to edit older posts with new drawings you decide to add instea of making new posts, becomes confusing and may be against he double posting rule, but I'm not sure if that remains on the galleries :L

I'm envious, you drew very well 2 years ago >.> and to be honest I don't see anything worth pointing out. I do like where you are going with Qayin's armour but in the WIP try to add some clothing folds

Cool a long long post

@demonfyre: i'll be sure to do that next time, sorry for double posting. hehe thanks again for dropping by. To be honest i'm pretty sure you can do so much better than me. It takes time yeah, but more importantly, dedication--which I lacked years ago. You have so much of both, so please don't be envious. hehe... its unhealthy for an artist's growth. On the drawing, i'll be sure to revise it. Clothes are still my biggest weaknesses. Really, thank you for dropping by, you are too kind.

So for now,
    I have to thank and quote Dante13 for his thread (also clockhand for pointing things out). Its quite amusing to meet someone with a similar style.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante13 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyVoid View Post
    i like the latest style. face looks balanced.
    i hope you dont mind me saying this but your style reminds me of my style. i guess we're both lip drawing people...
    thank you and yes i like to draw lips(i've just started to draw lips for men) and i like to check your works too

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    or you could say you both have Takayuki Yamaguchi style, with the sightly difference that he copied Yamaguchi style, and you don't do the meticulous anatomical approach Yamaguchi has.
    hahaha you r so funny thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyVoid View Post
    you could say that. it just happens that i don't know who takayuki yamaguchi is...
    now i feel like i should go see his work...
    (sorry for discussing in ur thread, dante...)
    Takayuki Yamaguchi is the artist of the shigurui manga i didn't know his name too till clock hand said
    i searched about him ,,,,he has another manga called "Kakugo no Susume"
    ...no problem dude i'll be happy to see any thing from you guys no matter it is discuss or critique or any thing else
    so you see, its quite amusing that I also learn a lot from reading other people's thread.

Anywho, since I started reading Exoskull Rei by Takayuki Yamaguchi I got inspired to study more of anatomy.

I also got inspired by Rubisko's Applying Muscle post in da (hope you don't mind me linking). So, I asked him what recommendations he could give me and discovered Burne Hogarth. (THANKS rubisko!)

I just got pass the study of the chest (only male tho) and a little of the back.

After reading, I drew some sketches and eventually applied it to my characters.
    HAVEL KHEVAH

QAYIN KHEVAH

This is Qayin Khevah, my main antagonist and Havel Khevah, my main protagonist.
    BTW, these are not their actual designs. Qayin is more like a wimp with ultra powerful magic and Havel is taller and a bit thinner.

I'm not too confident with my practice tho, but I feel like i'm improving in bits. I hope I make better poses soon. Hogarth's simplistic way helps me get the basic parts done. I would love to get feedback on these since anatomy is almost completely new to me. Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by BunnyVoid; 10-01-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso

Your anatomy practice is looking great, far superior to mine thus far. I really need to buckle down and get reading that book >.>' so much uni work to keep up with xD

Keep up the great work, they look amazing! Maybe I will try to find some things in them but currently I don't have much time to fully scrutinize them :P

It's looking good. Keep at it and try to always start with bigger forms and then break them up. It's an amazing book, every illustration and every single paragraph contains so much useful information that it's unbelievable. I think I could read it a thousand times and still find things to learn from it =)

No problem linking stuff btw, it's so cool to get the feedback =)

Thanks guys! I'll try out your suggestions! Breaking up the anatomy is a good idea. Unfortunately, I have yet to progress with the book... Life is busy so all i could recently was sketch during free time. Anyway I still kinda tried to apply stuff. I have recently started with bridgman's book but only the first five pages...

Lately, I've only been drawing Havel and Qayin since I'm developing the story. Check it out here.

Actually, Havel and Qayin are starting to appear in my head. In the last three days, both of them have appeared in my dreams moving and talking like alive, really. Just this morning, I'm already starting to imagine Havel walking around me, sometimes as a young boy, sometimes as a teen, sometimes the dangerous looking adult version. Although its quite weird and creepy, I feel like this is part of making manga progress. They're suddenly occupying a part of me.

Here are my latest really quick sketches.

1 min Sketch - Adult Havel Khevah

Neutral and almost smiling face of Havel Khevah. 30 seconds each.
    Age 18 to 21 years old

1 min Sketch - Teen Havel Khevah

Young Havel Khevah
    Age 12 to 14 years old

3 min Sketch - Young Havel Khevah

Young Havel Khevah generic profile. the faces took like a minute each.
    Age 6 to 8 years old

3 min Sketch - Young Havel Khevah

Young Havel Khevah
    Age 6 to 8 years old
    Used bridgman's barrel and wedge technique here. quite effective. really easy to use. BTW, I used ball point pen for red stuff.
    The lines are spoiler for the story of 'Secret of the Zodiacs'

3 min Sketch - Adult Havel Khevah

Adult Havel Khevah with his handy gun.
    Age 18 to 21 years old
    I tried to overlay clothes on my anatomy/pose practice of Havel. used ball point pen for red stuff.

3 min Sketch - Teen Qayin Khevah

'Evil' Qayin Havel Khevah in his king armor
    Age 14 to 16 years old
    Details are just bleh. Unlike my other works. The design is also bleh but managed to put his crown on. lol/ Purplish blue is ball point pen by the way.

Sorry if all I produced recently are scraps. You can all see that I don't even bother erasing some guidelines (except for the ones with bodies, because i have to erase the muscle groups). I won't be surprised if you guys think that there no significant improvement in my recent works. Sorry.

Mehhhh... Life is kindah busy. I'm dying to spend my weekends just drawing. lol. I'll be sure to present something you can critique... i hope i would color my past linearts...
    Last edited by BunnyVoid; 10-04-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)

I think for the amount of time you spent on each one that you did incredibly well! I have no idea how it is even possible to get them done so quickly :P it takes me hours of diligent work and concentration to get mine done :P keep it up! I think you should start shading some of your sketches now, it's very good practice and will help further your understanding of light etc (sorry for the no proper critiques ;__

@demonfyre, yeahhh shading is also one of my weaknesses. it takes me a lot of references before i finally feel like its right. Thanks for the constant support. You're always nice to have around. There always something worthy which you point out. I'll be sure to drop by your thread soon!

After several failed attempts with my previous linearts (which i never posted) I have decided to color a basic face instead.
    FINALLY! I discovered my own cell shading style that fits my drawing style (I think, comment if you disagree lol.). *big sigh of relief

Here's the original Sketch Version

Unlike sketches, a simple colored piece can take me up to the whole day just figuring out the colors. I'm weak at color picking but when i finally do i make sure to save it to a palette so i shall never color pick again. lol.

I will color Havel later. Good luck to me.

Please comment if you can. Even the simplest comments could help. I'm totally not into coloring. It's so hard.
    Last edited by BunnyVoid; 10-05-2012 at 06:24 AM.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)

Hey, lookin good!

When coloring, don't be afraid to use a wider range of colors, especially for the skin. Also, don't be afraid to use darker shades, like in the hair. The hair looks pretty unfinished and flat. Add darker shadows under each of those pieces

The skin shading - Looks pretty awesome to me, not got much to say in that area. However the inside ear looks a bit flat.

Hair Shading - You appear to have blended the colours together or have used values very close to one an other, if you truly want to stick with cel shading I would suggest you pick more distinct colours and resist blending unless necessary. Also now that you have got ideas with the shading try to add lighter highlights and more distinct light bands (I can provide an example if you wish).

That is pretty much it, you did very well and it's good that you are settling into your own style with colouring ^_^