Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Learning Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by Bardic-Dragoon View Post
    Actually, that makes more sense and may be what my teacher actually said. regardless whatever the quote was meant to be i still stand by the reason i brought it up: any language worth learning is worth being literate in.
    I don't really understand the meaning of that quote... Would you want to explain, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Bardic-Dragoon View Post
    any language worth learning is worth being literate in.
    I never argued against this point since, for the most-part, I agree with it.

Did anyone say ' livemocha.com ' yet?

Do you think it would be easier learning how to speak a language before learning how to write it, or would it be easier learning it all at the same time?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I think it would be best to learn it all in the same time but I think learning how to speak it would be faster than learning how to read and write.

Yeah I think it would be best to learn everything at once, but I think it might be easier to pick up on writing like hirigana once you have a better understanding of the language and are able to speak it more or less fluently.
    In any case, the best way to learn a language isn't through programs, but to go to the country where they speak it and immerse yourself in it without any help from your language. Because then you'll be forced to learn it, or you will die of starvation!

Learning to read/write will make you learn how to speak as well, and it's better because then if you visit that country you wont have problems at all in communicating with other people or reading signs and stuff.

How I learnt Japanese - my university offered an audit course, so we had all tests and assignments and stuff, though it was only the basics..

Quote Originally Posted by Byakuran View Post
    Did anyone say ' livemocha.com ' yet?
    I tried to learn French using livemocha. If you can pay, that's better because they'll send you the material or something like that and later you can print it I guess (I don't remember how it works exactly >_<). I didn't pay, so learning by watching the laptop screen was exhausting for my eyes.. so, I moved to collecting the stuff I want to learn from the internet and printing them.

Well, I learn Japanese depending on my mood (speaking, listening, writing and reading). I don't push myself because for me, this is how it works =) Pushing myself to become perfect in drawing before making any manga made me dislike everything regarding drawing for a few months.

@All: Thanks for the links. I lost my material of the Japanese language and you saved my time ^_^

If I ever go to Japan, all I need to look for on signs is "ラーメン". Then I will be able to live.

Ramen?
    You'll get sick of it after, say, a few months or so.