Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pitch your project in a paragraph or less

I wanna see/read something where some dude just says "Chuck it all!" and goes and lives on a sailboat and has wacky maritime adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Depends both on the genre and the main character, a little more detail would be nice, again. I mean, this could vaguely allude towards alot of movies, from the bucket list to something more like the beach.
    Thanks Regantor. I realize that it sounds like that after your comment (probably because the story's in my head). It is definitely not The Bucket List or The Beach. This guy is tired of his same monotonous life. Little bits keep adding up - stress at work, depression and de-motivation, and he finally says chuck this shit, and packs up and takes the first available train to where ever it goes. Story is his adventures - and the character's growth, how he touches people's lives on the way. Basically many little adventures (not one big mission like The Beach - I haven't watched the movie, this is based off of what I gathered from IMDB), but the story revolves around this character.

Now that I think about it, plot sounds cliched - your typical coming of age kinda thing.

P.S. - I'm not a guy, I used to go by saphira earlier, but changed it on a whim, and now can't change it back :/

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Reworded the ideas I posted on the last page, addressing confusions other noticed and adding things that hadn't occurred to me.

1: A desperate man sells soul to devil during the Salem Witch Trials. Realizing the consequences of his mistake, he tries to use the devil's love of bets and games to his advantage and win his soul back. Genre(s): Action, Adventure, Drama, Historical, Seinen, Supernatural.
    2: A rich boy bored with the luxury in his life learns true happiness when he buys a slave girl her "wings." No dialogue used. Genre(s): Drama, Romance
    3: In a far off future where priests and demons fight for control in races of speed, a boy on a motorcycle tries to return balance to the world. Genre(s): Action, Comedy(?), Racing, Sci-Fi, Shonen, Supernatural.
    4: In an alternate history (ca. 1600) where magic is real, a technologically advanced, colonial China invades the last bastion of magic in Greece. A group of underground, guerrilla wizards fight back in war that's magics one last chance. Genre(s): Action, Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Steampunk.

EDIT: All liable to be one shots and not proper series if and when approached.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

definitely make 3 action-comedy. if im being honest tho 3 and 4 would not work as a one-shot. you would need to dedicate at least a few full-sized volumes to them.

Yeah, the last two do seem like concepts best expanded longer than 50 pages, as they seem to have grander scopes than the others. The first two are easily one-shot material, though.

The quotes around "wings" really helps with clarity, so that makes the pitch stronger. (But you know me: I'd have loved to read one about giving her literal wings too.)

Bacon, for #2 I really think you should make one in which he gives her literal wings too. There are enough Romance-Drama things with the rich-boy poor/helpless-girl trope, many with cringe-worthy grammar and story lines. Please make an alternate universe thing for this?

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Well, if it ever does come around you'll see what I mean, Matt. I think you'd be pleased.

And I agree with the general opinion that idea #3 could easily be a full blown series, but that's not the direction my collaborator and I want to take it in for now. (The one shot would be very long.) Who knows where it'd go from there, though. #4 probably wouldn't work as a one shot at all, but it's just a baby that was brainstormed up a week or two ago.

@Butternut: Yeah, but I think we'd be different enough. Wings is in quotes, yes, but ... I want it to be a surprise. xD
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 04-08-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

just dont eff it up bacon

plot idea for a metal gear rising-style action game: A new girl at college finds herself caught in an imbalanced struggle between Nerds and Athletes. It's up to her to tip the scales in Acadamia's favor and uncover the hidden mysteries at her new school.

A reclusive wanderer finds himself stuck caring for a naive boy after the child's mother dies, all the while trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

sounds like the last of us, but then again i heard that game was gr8 so i wouldnt worry about it