Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pitch your project in a paragraph or less

Went back and looked at all the summaries for comics on me website. >_>

The series summaries are better than I remember, but feel that some don't really give the right idea/ enough info.

MacArthur, a swordsman from the swordsmen dimension, and Torah, some weird lady with air for blood, journey through dimensions in a multiverse teeming with danger
    Jozobad must battle an evil entity known as The Narrator in order to save the world from total destruction.

After being transformed into a "fish-headed weirdo", Sophie must travel the strange world under the seas to return to normal.
    A group of children desperately try to escape the witch who has captured them all as food.

Evil genies in the ears.

That last one, though...

Let's not forget "It's got genies!..." ;I

ok ok i got it

Two brothers sent by the Goddess must resurrect the human race and purge the darkness from the world by defeating the evil Amatsu.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I've got several.

1: A desperate man sells soul to devil during the Salem Witch Trials. Realizing his mistake, he tries to use his new found abilities to win it back.
    2: A rich boy bored with life learns true happiness when he gives a girl wings.
    3: In a far off future where priests and demons fight for control in races of speed, a boy on a motorcycle tries to return balance to the world.
    4: In an alternate reality where magic is real, a technologically advanced, colonial China invades Greece and attempts to purge magic from the world.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

I'd read the first two for sure, the first one especially.

The second one sounds super cute!!! Love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

BIKES!!!!!!!! OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st one seems weird to me. If he wants his soul back, shouldnt he NOT use the evil powers that the devil gave him? Unless he was already evil and just wants power and his soul.

Also could use more info on the second one imo. How does he give some lady wings?

Other two made sense to me tho

I'd read 1 and 4.

2 - I'd pass off as teen-fic and read when bored or to just pass the time, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised if he literally gave her wings.

My pitch - Person (guy/gal) runs away from his monotonous life just to escape, and "search for his calling". Everything after that does not seem to be the same or sane anymore.
    Last edited by butternut; 04-05-2014 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    ok ok i got it

Two brothers sent by the Goddess must resurrect the human race and purge the darkness from the world by defeating the evil Amatsu.
    It's pretty good, but I guess maybe it's missing a little detail about the world? I mean, "darkness" is a bit overused these days, and it could mean anything from a robot zombie infestation to literal shadows absorbing people. What's the world actually like? Does it just contain pure empty wasteland now, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    1: A desperate man sells soul to devil during the Salem Witch Trials. Realizing his mistake, he tries to use his new found abilities to win it back.
    2: A rich boy bored with life learns true happiness when he gives a girl wings.
    3: In a far off future where priests and demons fight for control in races of speed, a boy on a motorcycle tries to return balance to the world.
    4: In an alternate reality where magic is real, a technologically advanced, colonial China invades Greece and attempts to purge magic from the world.
    1: Could go either way for me. Vampire/witch/demon hunter flavored things are very rarely gotten right, so I suppose it depends on the genre.
    2: It's a nice summary, but maybe a little vague. The genre might help, again.
    3: I actually like this one the best. The world sounds really full and chaotic, and the boy isn't some kind of chosen one (evidently). Good potential for action, comedy and horror combined.
    4: Tanks vs Centaurs? It's a bit hard to tell how hard this one would go. Might need rephrasing from the point of view of the actual characters, or at least the unit that the story follows.

Quote Originally Posted by That new butternut guy
    Person (guy/gal) runs away from his monotonous life just to escape, and "search for his calling". Everything after that does not seem to be the same or sane anymore.
    Depends both on the genre and the main character, a little more detail would be nice, again. I mean, this could vaguely allude towards alot of movies, from the bucket list to something more like the beach.