Thread: Joseph the Hikikomori -- Day 2

Joseph the Hikikomori -- Day 2

So I'm playing this Hikikomori RPG.

All the mechanical stuff will be in spoilers, and the diary entry will be in quotes.

Character Sheet (Day 1):
    Joseph
    Hope: 5d10
    Traits:
    -Suicidal Thoughts 2d10
    -Imaginary Friend 3d10
    --Demeanor: Depressing
    -Rescuer 3d10
    --Archetype: Coaxing

Day 1 Mechanics:
    SPOILER! :
    Write a suicide method
    Gain a die of hope (from rescuer)
    Imaginary friend tries to bring me down
    Suicidal thoughts prevail
    Rescuer intervenes
    Dont commit suicide

Suicidal thoughts loses a die (cheer up)
    Gain a die of hope (rescuer story is inspiring)
    Fail to go outside

Day 1 Diary:
    Today's proposed suicide method: Drown self in tub. If I can force myself to pass out, my cognitive functions will shut down and I'll die (maybe?) painlessly.

So Lisa came over today. I hate to say it, but it was actually kind of nice to have her around. She brought sandwiches, sweet tea, and a copy of Blaster Master. Her bringing me NES games to add to my collection is kind of becoming a ritual. It's almost makes me want live to see another day, and another game.

Anyway I tried to kill myself. Caesar talked me into it. Well, he didn't really tell me to do it, but he made some really good arguments in favor of it. It was obviously a failure -- an embarrassing one at that. It turns out Lisa forgot her sunglasses and came back to get them. When I didn't answer the door she barged in and found me. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

She forced me to sit and talk with her, and honestly I really started to wonder why I even tried to do it in the first place. I still haven't told her about Caesar. I'm not sure how I would even bring him up. I might have to talk to him tomorrow about this whole mess.

After an awkward silence, I asked her why she kept coming over. I mean I get that she's like a volunteer, or whatever, but I wondered if this was just an extracurricular activity to her or something. Or maybe she was just using me to make herself feel better. I feel like a dick, now. Her older brother killed himself. It's kind of a long story, but he was pretty similar to me. College drop out being supported by his parents. He jumped off his fire escape into the street. He didn't die right away either. Maybe I shouldn't have asked. She left without really saying anything.

I tried to leave my room. I just really wanted some ramen, and the corner store is only a block away. I could have done it. I didn't. The door seemed so huge as I approached it. I felt smaller, and smaller until I was small enough to walk right under the door crack. And then I saw a shadow in the hallway and went to bed.
    Last edited by jubeh; 08-25-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Joseph (End of Day 1)
    Hope: 5d10
    Traits:
    -Suicidal Thoughts 2d10
    -Imaginary Friend 3d10
    --Demeanor: Depressing
    -Rescuer 3d10

Day 2 Mechanics:
    SPOILER! :
    Roll each trait and sort them in order form highest to lowest:
    Imaginary Friend 3d10 = 19
    Rescuer 3d10 = 15
    Suicidal Thoughts 2d10 = 9

Now perform the Trait Actions for each of them in order:
    Imaginary Friend - Your imaginary friend seems to want to get you down.
    Rescuer - You feel a little better about yourself. Gain a die of Hope. (Rolled 26)
    Suicidal Thoughts - Do not attempt suicide (Rolled 30 Hope vs 23 Suicidal Thoughts)

Now choose 3 Player Actions to perform:
    Banish Imaginary Friend - Imaginary friend is banished and gain 1 die of Hope. (Rolled Hope 33 vs Imaginary Friend 19)
    Cheer Up - Suicidal Thoughts loses a die. (Rolled Hope 45 vs Suicidal Thoughts 10)
    Go Outside - Remove one die from Suicidal Thoughts. (Rolled 17 on the chart)

Day 2 Diary:
    Today proposed suicide method: hairdryer in bath tub. Does this even work? Do I even own a hairdryer?

Caesar and I got into a fight today. He was being depressing as usual and I told him to get lost. Lisa came up during the conversation, and he kept saying really awful stuff about her. He crossed the line a few times, and I just ignored him. After a while he stopped talking, and I couldn't find him. Is he gone for good?

Lisa doesn't come over on Mondays because she has to work, but she slipped a big envelope under the door crack. She draws these comics. They're really stupid, and ridiculous but they make me laugh.

As it turns out, I don't own a hairdryer. I was standing at the tub and I started to feel kind of stupid. Without Caeser mumbling depressing shit over my shoulder it seemed really pointless and dumb. I decided then that I should probably go out and get a hairdryer anyway -- just in case.

When I got out into the hallway it was the craziest feeling. It was like the top of my head had opened up and there was a nice breeze flowing through the wrinkles in my brain. It was cut short when I heard somebody opening the door of their apartment and I ran downstairs.

The streets were the same as when I left them 7 months ago. I sneakily avoided contact with anybody else. I didn't intend to push my luck. Instead of buying a hairdryer, I just bought some ramen. Why did I even need a hairdryer anyway? I only know like one person and I'm pretty sure she doesn't care about my hair.
    Joseph (End of Day 2)
    Hope: 7d10
    Traits:
    -Rescuer 3d10
    Last edited by jubeh; 08-26-2013 at 02:19 PM.