Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GaBo's works: Robot thing

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Really dig those first two. You know I'm a sucker for those sketchy styles, so I especially like the first.
    I think you should just dig it up if you still have it, and take it further, maybe even finishing it, cause the style on that is real nice. Especially how you clean the lines up with darker lines, but it's still got that sketchiness to it. Just style for days mang.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by GaBo View Post
    It's a little old, but I don't think anybody will be too angry for me posting new stuff here.

A doodle I did earlier today when I was bored.

My friend wanted to see what her character would look like if I drew him, here is a rough result.

Just another boredom doodle.
    Quick bump because of page jump, but I offer something new as well

Oh shiiit. Love them all dude, Especially that last one. I'd love to see it coloured tbh. O_O Excellent stuff, really impressed. <:

Gunzet: Yeah, sketchy is just how it happens with me. I always like to do a few passes to at least make the intended details a bit clearer though.

Linz: Yeah I need to color more stuff. Too many doodles, not enough finished work, heh.

And here's another such doodle:

I really like the last two, particularly this newest one. Strangely, it reminds me of the thing you get turned into at the start of one of the old Wonderboy games, albeit in a far more realistic style. My only slight concern is that I find it difficult to tell what it (he?) is holding on to.

Yeah, the weapons were sort of an afterthought to be honest. They're like kama or something I guess.

Some Viking looking kid. Doodled in the GB. I know I'll realize something glaringly wrong about the anatomy tomorrow.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Hah hah, How to Train Your Dragon. Yeah, the arms are really way too small for the rest of his body... you need to make the torso larger so that it fits the legs.

Here's a tip in general: I know these are just doodles/sketches, but try to use more confidence in your line work. (This is a problem I have too) Lines should be fluid, "skritching" can only get you so far, and it lends itself to concentrating too much on one section of the figure which makes the whole image go to pot. If you're using a tablet (which I assume you are for the majority of these guys) then maybe just try using a higher opacity. *shrugs*
    Please note I'm not an expert, just a rebel.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Yeah his arms were funky. Thanks.

Doodled in the GB.

your recent sketches are really well thought out..great design in all of them.. my fav piece is that merman dude so far!
    you might have to work a bit on your lighting though..
    overall i loved them

Yes, I love all your sketches! The robot guy looks uneven, though, since one arms way bigger than the other. I think he'd fall over from the uneven weight
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!