Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: runescape

runescape

does anyone here play? i just made a fresh character, my name in rs3 and ogrs is ButtMagic 69 (with the space)

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I used to be obsessed with that game.

But it was a long, long time ago.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

^ Pretty much the same.

I played it again just two weeks ago and got a feeling of epic nostalgia from reliving the experience that defined the golden years of my childhood, and sadness when I realized not a single one of the friends I played with 8 years ago still played. It's a ghost town of a game compared to what it once was for a variety of reasons (also, there are still around 40k people playing right now, which is pretty substantial -- this is just comparing the game to when it had a bare minimum of 100k consecutive players, around 2007).

But.

But but.

I'd be very willing to play again if more people from this community (or others I'm part of) got into it. It just feels so pointless to play without friends, but with friends, it's a legitimately fun experience that I've historically wasted three years of my life on.

ya i got membership i plan on sticking around 4 a while if u wanna join me in like a week my skills are uber low but i can get them up quick. also im willing to play rs3 for folks who wanna play but not pay.

At the moment, I'm absolutely broke (the 3DS is an expensive toy), so it'd be RS3 for me. But yeah, I'd be willing to play a bit. My name in-game is Boriol.

Never did play runescape when it was all everyone talked about.
    Huh I guess I'd be willing to give it a go.

I only stopped playing because I slaved away for a whole week for days on end mining thousands of coal for this guy that was paying me. I got the job done, bought myself another set of full rune armor and a rune battle-axe I've been wanting for a -very- long time. Felt good about myself, and was confident in my skills at around level 60 something, or maybe I was level 80 I think, either way I went to the wilderness and got hunted down by this level 100-something premium guy, he wrecked me eventually once I ran out of stamina. Lost everything then and there, and that's when I said '...... fuck this game', stopped playing it, gave my account away, never looked back since that day.

I would've continued playing if I remembered the password to my secondary account that I used for making quick cash cause I had a high fishing and cooking stat.

As for other experiences, I shared a stolen account with some guy I had befriended somehow. It was a premium account, and looking back at it, that was horrible, but I don't think we ever bought anything with it, lol. Eventually the guy that was sharing the account with just took it for himself. Then I ran with this rag-tag group of who I thought were homies since we used to wreck shit in the wilderness together all the time until one of them accused me of hacking their account to which I found myself talking face-to-face with a moderator... which I cussed out and ignored because I thought it was another fake mod.
    Turns out it wasn't, and my account got banned for a week or so, lol. Good times.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I made a point early on to only play with people I'd met somewhere other than in-game, because I apparently had a hard time trusting Runescape players when I was 10.

If you played again with some of the MT crowd, I'd at least think that would turn out better. Then again, you've got Dark Souls, which you can play without the possibility of some 12-year-old 1337 h4x0r whose uncle works at Runescape trying to get you banned for not giving him free stuff/killing him too many times/etc.

(I also just downloaded Dark Souls and am currently installing mods to make it playable on PC since I don't have a good controller.)

Man, Runescape during its revolution days was just at its all-time worst, and best. It was like anarchy simulated or something. Nobody could be trusted, but you'd need to work together with -someone- eventually, just to stay alive long enough to be able to hold your own. I remember following more powerful guys through the demon caverns or whatever they were, thinking I could trust them, and they'd lead you into one of the most powerful enemies in the area, agro it, and run off, leaving you there.

You grew up fast back then...

Also prepare to waste hours and hours and HOURS of time in Dark Souls. Like literally waste, until you get better, lol.
    <My comic

ok matt i added u. make sure u add me (ButtMagic 69). if any1 else wants to play just sign up and post ur username. im gonna be playin for the forseeable future so dont worry about not being able to jump in. if anything i can help peeps train.