Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I decided to start drawing...

I still wanted to get the warrior right. This is just a quick sketch from this morning. It took about 20 minutes (that was all the free time I had.) It's still worlds apart from good, but at least is better than the first one. The body didn't came out quite right. I suppose I'm doing the stick figures from the start in a bad way.
    I need to practice a lot more of those.

SPOILER! :

Also, I think I'm not spending the enough time a drawing needs. As soon as I get the time I'll spend a couple of hours doing something (that I hope) ends up being a lot better than this.

Ill tell you for sure, you will never feel 100% comfortable with how your guide lines (stick figures) turn out. Keep these things in mind though. Although it helps to make the best base or stick proportion that you can, Its ONLY a guide line. The stick figure doesn't have to define your final drawing, its just there to get you started. You can always change it.
    I'm noticing that most of your drawing so far appear very flat. Remember to think three dimension-ally when approaching your drawing. How would this foot look from the front or the back? This will come better with time, but If you cant picture it in your head yet, start looking at pictures or examples of whatever you are drawing in different angles. Practice drawing three dimensional shapes, like spheres and cubes.
    To be honest I don't think you are as far off proportionally as you may think, but I know these tips will help.

Yes, actually I have a lot of trouble creating a 3d image on my mind of what I'm about to draw, and surely that's what makes my drawings so flat. Matt and Jorgie already recommended me some sites and books to get started, and I'm gonna get into it right away. I'll try and keep you updated with my work. It's been a tough exams week on colleage and just now I'm getting some free time. Again, thank you all for your time and your feedback. I really appreciate it.

Hey you all! How's it going? It's been more than a month since my last time here. I can't excuse myself, I've just haven't draw a lot lately. I'm not going to bore you with the details about it, the point is that now I'm having some more "free" time and I'm back at drawing.
    The main reason that I wasn't drawing that much (other than just being lazy...) is because I'm writing what I intend to make into a novel/visual novel some day, and I'm really determined in doing so. (So that is what's taking all my creativity :P)

But I was actually trying to improve myself from time to time. I don't have my sketchbook with me right now but I found these:
    SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

I've been working with eyes here, and I think I've improved a bit

I also had been drawing the characters from my story. This is Lucy, one of them.
    SPOILER! :

I like to picture them with different clothes, in different poses and situations, to give me a better idea of their personality, and therefore to portray them as real as I can.

And also I've drawn weapons for them (Is kind of a fiction fantasy novel/story)
    SPOILER! :

They're not great drawings, but that's mainly what I've been up to. I intend to spend more time on my drawings from now on, so I hope I can update you with more of my work.
    Thank you all who had been giving me feedback from when I started this thread, and hopefully you hadn't already forgotten about me :P

Beware the pointy boob!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Guess what, I'm alive! Unlike this thread...
    Anywho, I wanted to tell you that I've been drawing a lot! I don't know if there has been some improvement, I'll leave that for you to judge :P

How's everyone doing? I hope fine. I'm dealing with finals right now, so I draw to keep myself from going mad with all this studying.

I'm just going to show you a bit of what I've been doing. If I explain every drawing I would never end.

Basically, when I see a drawing (mostly from anime) that I really like a lot, I try to copy it. I'm still very far from drawing something consistent entirely from my imagination, sadly. Still, this is proving really helpful because I think it's helping me to draw better, little by little.

Without further ado, here is something of what I've been doing.

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

Thanks to everyone who's still around here after such a long time. I hope everyone's doing fine.

I see huge improvements here, continue with what you are doing there

Thank you! ^^ I'm not sure what is that I'm doing, but I'll make sure to keep doing it :P