Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

Thread: The Problem Thread

On that note the random chest pain I get is rather concerning, also I'm always getting sick it seems.

You know...I really have a problem when my Sifu tells me that I have to possess a calm mind & a soft touch to do Tai Chi properly & then demonstrates the most BRUTAL fucking self defense applications on me. He does stuff that I know (if were to 'really' do the move) would break me. I also have a problem with him demonstrating these applications to the rest of the class on ME! I mean, so what? I'm 6'3" & the senior student...doesn't mean you have to throw me all over the classroom to show the power of tai chi to everybody else. Hell, pick on one of the students who just had ACL surgery & are only in class to get their flexibilty back...

You know what really bothers me the most though? Every time he demonstrates with me...I try to do the counter & I still get fucked up! If I try this stuff on other (non tai chi) people the stuff works though. WHY CAN I GET THE JUMP ON SIFU!!!

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Switch Dojos.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Man he is probably demonstrating on you because he knows that he's not going to accidentally hurt you bad, and because being taller makes ut easier for everyone to see what he's actually doing. Take it as a compliment because he obviously thinks you can deal with being the demo guy.

Yeah...I know you're right Inksprout. I'm actually happy to see the application than just practicing the form. I just wish..just ONE TIME...I can get that old man off balance! Heh. Almost got him playing push hands once. But he did some Matrix shit where he should've been almost off balance & kept on turning. Flexible dude Sifu...

I just realized how fucked i am today.
    so i was going to the bikeshop today to get some shit to repair my tires.
    however, much to my suprise, i did not have enough cash on my bank account.
    when i went to the bank to check out how many cash i had left, it turned out i €11,50 in debt.
    even though i have a loan with my scholarship.
    i think i'll have a quick call with the foodbank tomorrow...

Dude you need to just quit and get a job and live in a cardboard box while going to school it would save you tons of moneys

you're an ass, sylux.

It was a joke, but I apologize. I didn't mean to cause any trouble.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Ok so to sum this all up i have two job interviews coming up (ones a promotion interview the others a phone interview for a bank teller position) and one will let me start sooner than the other but if the interview for the other goes well i could have another interview and then possibly a new job. If that happens and i have both jobs (i know unlikely) i dont know if i should choose one over the other or try working both since both are part time status and very unlikely that either will be bumped up to full time status in the near future.
    I had honestly given up hope on either job and now im torn and worried.

SPOILER! :
    Hmm so ok I will finally get an interview for the part time assistant manager position at work. I have been waiting for the past 3 days to here back from my boss on when the district manager will want to interview me.
    Before I even got the word id be getting an interview (probably before christmas actually) I applied for a part time teller position with Citibank. I took a charecter assessment and passed got an email saying if i was in further consideration they would be in contact. Its been a while so i didnt think anything of it but i got another email waying they want a phone interview. So Ive set it up for tomorrow at 9am (because i have work at 11am) because if I want to have a back up.

But now im worried that what if i do get BOTH jobs (very unlikely but i have weird luck so its a possibility to me)?! Do i keep both? Both are part time and promise +20hrs a week. The manager job i would be closing the store and probably be there 6pm -10:30pm (maybe earlier) and the teller position I have no clue but the bank is open M-Th 9:00-5:00, F 9:00-6:00, S 9:00-1:00. Id have to ride the bus to get to the bank which is doable and its only one straight shot there.

Teller positions pay around $13 for citibank im reading and the managers position for Dollar Tree is around $11. If i take the teller position id need to buy allot of new clothes same for the mangers positon but those clothes im comfortable in. If i do both id need to try aranging the morning shift and try being out by no later than 3pm but if i have to work an 8hr shift at DT id need to be there by 2:30pm and i just dont see the two being very helpful in the matter since most places are very "OPEN AVAILIBILITY OR NO AVAILIBILITY!!!". Only thing I can use as defense is that both jobs are part time and I need full time work.