Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogodes beginnings

Rogodes beginnings

Hi there guys i've been practicing for about a month now and think believe i've got to a level where i can show off my current stuff for review. I've pretty much started with the head and i'm currently attempting heads from other angles. I'm just taking it slow day by day.

Well enough rambling let me show you my stuff

SPOILER! :

These are some of the profile pictures I've done

SPOILER! :

I noticed after a while that most pictures i did ended up with the characters looking young. This was my attempt at making someone look older. What do you think?

SPOILER! :

Attempt at other angles
    SPOILER! :

3/4 view testing

SPOILER! :

Trying to do an angle from above the character. I wasn't really sure about these I'm not sure if i did them alright.

One more picture to show

This is an attempt at a looking up angle

SPOILER! :

Well that's that for now. Give me your opinions on what i can improve

cool stuff it is good that u are trying new things and practicing with stuff that may be outside ur comfort zone keep up the good work man

I'm just gonna say some basic stuff for now. Symmetry is key for drawing faces. Eyes need to be at the same height on the face (with yours, most are slightly above/below the other). Also, your facial features do don't line up correctly with the head itself (particularly on the newest post). Remember the nose aligns chin the chin, it's not off to the left. Lastly, all yours eyes and noses are the exact same, vary it up a little!!

I recommend posting one or two of your pieces at a time, so you can get specific critique. Big posts are overwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Thank you for your advice JJJorgie. I'm just a little confused about what you meant by the nose aligns chin to chin. Could you try to explain that to me. Thank you again
    Last edited by Rogode; 02-06-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Whoops, I meant the nose needs to be in line with the chin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Hey again sorry i haven't been really active all that much but i can assure you i've still been practicing and haven't given up yet

i've been practicing different head angles and am now attempting to use what i learned to make a potential OC who looks the same from each angle.

This is my attempt at Frontal view

frontal.jpg

3/4 view

3 quarter view.jpg

I don't know why i bothered shading the eyebrows. you can just ignore them and that line from right eyebrow to his hair is supposed to be a scar. I'm really bothered with the hair on the 3/4 view i spent ages on it and it still looks weird.

If theres any issues could someone possibly red line them please and be honest does it look like the same character from both angles

Thanks

The features seem fine, although in the 3/4, I'd make his fringe a little longer over his right eye to bring it in line with the front view. His hair also looks shorter at the sides in the front view, so it might be worth bringing it closer in to his head.

poc90Tm.jpg

Thanks for the reply and the great feedback. Looking at the redline I think I have an idea of how to change the hair based on the head position. Thanks!

Well I've been studying basic male anatomy from photos and tutorials and drew this

practice_by_rogodre-d7a5rrr.jpg

What do you think? And does anyone know any good anatomy study books or have any good methods to studying it? Thanks
    Last edited by Rogode; 03-14-2014 at 03:39 PM.