10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xavier

1 10.00%
  • Magneto

9 90.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you were a mutant, would you join Magneto or Xavier

magneto cause hes gandalf as well
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

101 Dalmations Member
    I'll join both

Martin Luther King

Magneto, because Xavier has such a romanticised view on the world and its people. Magneto realises how fucking shit humans are and they would not hesitate to segregate and discriminate mutants. Probably mutants would be killed/tortured/bullied in certain less developed countries. Much like we see with the discrimination for the LGBT community. "But we're born this way!" wouldn't be a good enough reason for some people to become empathetic to mutants.

Why can't mutants be somewhat feared/acknowledged as higher beings? We as a civilisation already do that to affluent people/celebrities/etc. The strong will prevail and the weak shall be crushed. This ethos ALREADY exists in human nature. Essentially what Xavier wants to do is change that whole ethos that's been around since the beginning of mankind. Well, pal, it hasn't happened yet so what makes you think YOU can change it now?

Magneto's got his shit sorted I believe. Yeah he's kinda a murderer and all that, but essentially so are most of the soldiers fighting for our country. He does kinda take it a bit too far sometimes though. Magneto needs to chill the fuck out.

Not to mention I find Magneto strangely attractive... >___>

YEP LOL

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    It's hard to say because generally speaking Xavier is written less as Actual MLK Jr. and more as the sanitized view of Dr. King that the powers that be like to share. The one that's happy to take oppression and turn the other cheek. The one where people confuse non-violent resistance for passive acceptance.
    But anyway, Magneto, really. Peaceful protest has never and will never accomplish anything, ever, without the implicit or explicit threat of violence.

But, honestly, the civil rights analogy always falls apart because mutants are demonstrably superior to baseline humans. Persecution requires that the minority be in some way weaker due to numbers or institutional oppression. If African Americans or homosexuals could shoot lasers from their eyes or throw cars and shit, I guarantee you that institutional racism and homophobia would not be issues in America.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Homosexuals with laser rainbow eyes.

This is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    Homosexuals with laser rainbow eyes.

This is the future.
    "your name is now cyclops, young mutant"
    "that just isnt fabulous enough" *click*
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

Xavier, because realistically I would rather exist within the institution and derive the associated benefits than follow some misguided and doomed code of morality into the abyss. Pragmatism wins over resistance in 90% of cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Xavier, because realistically I would rather exist within the institution and derive the associated benefits than follow some misguided and doomed code of morality into the abyss. Pragmatism wins over resistance in 90% of cases.
    What about the 10%?
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Neither.. I'd be a Mercenary...